Send Topic Print
Goldberg "Sailplane" (Read 1553 times)
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 3:54pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

I guess I'm stuck on unusual subjects

Me too. If its tougher to build, all the better. Thank you for the response. Last thing I want is to show up with another...

My next project is also an odd old timer. Will post it soon. It was love at first sight!!!

eric

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:34am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

I have never been able to understand why the SAILPLANE has not been so popular in modern times.  It was a winner "back then" both in looks AND performance, but in the old timer events nowadays, the model that does the cleaning up is the Lanzo "BOMBER".  OK, the oval fuselage is NOT easy to build straight and take twice as long to build than the BOMBER, but... I guess I'm stuck on unusual subjects Roll Eyes.

Pete

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:18am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Just visited Bob Holman's site.  He has the 78" sailplane plan/ short kit in stock.  See old timer Gas models - bottom of page

Pete

WWWoFF
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:11am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Happy New Year Eric.
I was fortunate enough to acquire the short kit of the SAILPLANE offfered by Hobby Horn a couple of years ago - one of my favorites - from a guy here in Germany who quit the building scene due to advanced age (he was 92 at the time).

Hobby Horn was sold some time ago, not sure exactly when or to whom, but I think I saw an ad in the later part of '08 in FM or MA with the Hobby Horn line-up in both replica (30"/0.020) and full size.

Check with BMJR Model Products (www.BMJRModels.com) and Bob Holman Plans (www.bhplans.com).

Pete

WWWoFF
IP Logged

Jan 1st, 2009 at 10:23pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Hey all, I have been looking around for a set of plans [ or the kit] for a plane designed by Carl Goldberg around 1939-41. Its called "sailplane". Its an old time gas free flight. Pylon wing. 80 inch span. Round fuse [not the later squareish fuse]. Comet released the kit but I cant find any referance to it. Heres a pic:

This summer I want to do a texaco thing if I can. Maybe an r/c replica.  
Thought I'd try here first. If not , I will try sfa and hippockett. The comet site doesent have it. If I can find it I will send them a scan.
Seems normal. The one I want is the one thats hardest to find. If not I will go with a playboy or lanzo bomber.
eric

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print