Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mike Stuart's Page ffscale (Read 2303 times)
Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks Kiwi, noted and hopefully corrected!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2017 at 5:17pm

Kiwi   Offline
New Zealand

Just a slight correction. his surname is Stuart, not Stewart

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with Fancy Watches
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 8:16pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Just a bump to highlight Mike's site again.  great stuff and fantastic models. Big inspiration.
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2011 at 11:05am

faif2d   Offline

Stick & Tissue
texas

Marcelo had computer problems for awhile and has not been posting as much.  As far as I know he does not have the P-38 kit, or at least I can not remember him saying anything about it.  The "cubs" continue to improve kind of makes me sad as they are some of them that are already better than me!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2011 at 4:06pm
Michael Heinrich   Ex Member

Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2011 at 9:43am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

I know what you mean faif2d  and I have done it myself.  Sometimes when you feel so strongly about something, its hard to be brief about expressing it.  Sometimes a simple "thanks dude" is just not enough.   
  Its amazing how sometimes you do something that you see as just a matter of course, and someone else sees it as a far greater deed than you intended.  It catches you by surprise sometimes.
Sometimes, in the garage, to me its just another motor swap.  To them I brought a dream to life.  I never know how to act at times like that, on either side of the situation.  I have been on both sides.       
  Kinda like when I sent Marcelo 150 dollars worth of wood.  I think I might have upset him.  He asked me not to send anything else.  He was worried about me going bankrupt.  I forgot that 150 means more down there than it does up here.  Embarrassed  I might have overwhelmed him.  BTW, faif2d, did he ever get that Guillows p-38 kit he wanted?  I was offline for awhile and lost track. 
  Its all about perspective.  Aint that right, Mikey....? 
  Good or bad, you just never know how your actions affect others.  I think it ok to "gush"  sometimes.   I think sometimes it is necessary in order to express ones self accurately.   IMO. 

Grin Grin Grin

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2011 at 9:46pm

faif2d   Offline

Stick & Tissue
texas

I think you hit the nugget that I was aiming for.  I felt that he was uncomfortable with the notoriety / adoration that I was heaping on him.  I was, and am, really sincere in that his site was a huge help to me and to many others I am sure. I also think you are right in that he is not doing it for any reason other than love of the hobby and a desire to help others.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2011 at 8:11pm
Michael Heinrich   Ex Member

I wonder about embarrassment. Might be too specific a word. Mike is one of those rare guys who understand the Hobby is way more than the sum of its participants. He works hard on the hobby, because it just lights his jets!--not for some personal standing.
   Some years ago, he leaned heavily on me for some structural work on a model he was developing, of a plane I'd done extensive work with and love dearly. We worked over many weeks to come up with a solution to a couple of airframe problems that had never before been done well, and by God he GOT 'em!. After, he thanked me privately, but he neither acknowledged publicly the contributions by me or others, nor ever mentioned his OWN work. Not important. The PLAN, that's important.
   That's how I like it. And I like Mike immensely, and treasure these moments I share here on this planet with him.
   Michael

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2011 at 6:42pm

faif2d   Offline

Stick & Tissue
texas

I got to meet him at Geneseo 4 or 5 years ago.  It was the first time he had come over to the NATS.  I thanked him for the site and told him that it had been a great help to me.  I think I embarrassed him. Cool

IP Logged

May 18th, 2011 at 9:29pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

http://www.ffscale.co.uk/index.htm

Great site.  What else can I say, but this really is cool.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2017 at 9:12pm by Sky9pilot »  

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print