Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Robert Hudson's Plans (Read 5158 times)
Reply #6 - May 13th, 2014 at 1:03am

Robert Hudson   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I am starting to scan a small pile of plans I drew up 20 years or so ago.  First up is my Embryo 'Airgasm'.  It flew fairly well as I recall.  I still have it stashed away but it needs repair or just rebuilding.  This is kind of low-res, but I am working on a better quality scan should folks be interested.

I should have drawn a scale on it.  Fuselage length minus nose block is 16"  Plan fit on an 11x17 sheet.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2014 at 7:03pm by Sky9pilot »  

Tissue!

Gesundheit...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2014 at 6:26pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Robert Hudson is very generous to share his plans with us.  Here's his plans and we hope to share more as he prepares them to share with us!  Thanks again Robert for your generosity.

S&T Admin

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:36am

Robert Hudson   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

This was adapted from a peanut plan.  I goofed stitching it together but its getting late, so I'll fix it another day Smiley

This was not a great flyer, perhaps because the side area of the fuselage is about equal to the wing area, so it is not sure which way is up ;0.  It flew better once my can had done some modifications of his own, whereafter it flew well in really tight circles.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2014 at 6:49pm by Sky9pilot »  

Tissue!

Gesundheit...
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2014 at 1:58am

Robert Hudson   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Another 20 year old plan.  72 DPI, but I had to mess around with the size to get it under 400K.  Original drawn on a 16 3/4 x 11 sheet.  Wing span is 16" if you need to scale it.  I am still looking for the best was to package these plans.  I suppose I could make copies at Staples and accept SASEs Smiley

Another one that went in the newsletter, but again I don't think it was ever built.  I guess I just liked drafting plans. It might be a good idea to move the LG legs forward a little as I put them right at the CG.

BLW1.jpg (286 KB | )
BLW1.jpg

Tissue!

Gesundheit...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2014 at 11:49am

Robert Hudson   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

And another plan.  Vought Cutlass chuck glider.  Pared down from my huge pdf.  Should print properly if you use fit to page and maintain the ratio.

cutlass.jpg (108 KB | )
cutlass.jpg

Tissue!

Gesundheit...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 13th, 2014 at 7:08am

cdwebb   Ex Member
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Robert, as it happens, the Airgasm plan struck my fancy! I'm a sucker for a flat center section!. I clicked on the plan, saved it to my desktop, opened it in Acrobat and it opened at the size you stated.

It's a nice plan, and like I said, it peeks my interest. THANKS for posting!!

David

IP Logged

May 13th, 2014 at 1:34am

Robert Hudson   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

2nd plan.  Aeronca C-3 Bostonian.  I think I published this one in my club's newletter (I was editor at the time.. ah the power!), but I don't recall if it was ever built. 

C_3_Bostonian.jpg (307 KB | )
C_3_Bostonian.jpg

Tissue!

Gesundheit...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print