I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Peanut scale Turb....

IP Logged

Reply #145 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:48am

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Update for my hangar...a MicroX kit Pilatus PC-6 Porter, 22"wingspan, constructed predominantly of 1/16" strip balsa...finished to represent service with Air America in SEA.

IP Logged

Reply #144 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 11:26am

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Hello Kerak - I just posted some Pfalz D3 pics into my new Hangar  Smiley

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #143 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 9:23pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Hi Kerak !  I will start a Hangar - I'm still getting settled in, and trying to build and post and study everyone's models, and try to keep up with the latest replies to all  the builds etc.   Smiley
I have posted a few pics into my introduction, of the 20 planes I have on my shelving units in my apartment - just for an overview of them all sitting beside each other - I like looking at them up there  ....  Roll Eyes  BUT, is there ever a lot of dust to clean off all of the time ...  Lips Sealed

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #142 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 11:29pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Thank you LW for the kind words.  While I'm certainly not a "perfect modeler," this hobby has been perfect for me.  Wink  As a kid I used to watch B-29's fly low over my little house on their landing approach at the local air base...and I guess the effect of seeing that beauty stuck with me "real good."

I see from some of the photos you've posted...that you have a real collection yourself.  I particularly like that Pfalz DIII...that's a beauty.  I'd like you to start a hangar so I can see more!  Smiley

Again...thanks for the compliment.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #141 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:26pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Well, HELLO Kerak !!  I finally just figured out how to get to "Hangar Space", under "The Stick & Tissue Hangar", which is halfway down the main "Stick and Tissue Forum" page.  Your Hangar Barn, full of super builds, is nothing short of sensational!!  The planes are all impeccable!  I need more time to study them more carefully ... Smiley

LW

IP Logged

Reply #140 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 11:44am

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

One more...foam kit from the 1980's...MRC (Model Rectifier Corporation) DeHavilland DH80A Puss Moth...25"ws, gear-driven rubber powered.

IP Logged

Reply #139 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:26pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

It was accomplished using an old graphics program I've had forever...Paint Shop Pro...but could easily be done using something like Photoshop.  I'm just trying to simplify the posting process.  Grin  On the other hand...a person could assemble a very nice coffee table book of their models...get it printed and bound professionally, something like that.  My daughter does that a lot with some of her big family vacations.  Thanks again Tom for all your efforts on the website.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #138 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:12pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I like your collage of pictures.  How do you make this setup?
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #137 - May 21st, 2017 at 10:07pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Latest in the hangar...Easy Built Models Bristol Beaufighter...30"ws.

IP Logged

Reply #136 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 2:53pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

PNut Grumman F6F-3...based upon a 1943 Comet Models plan that originally had a 24" ws.  Love those old Comet designs.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2017 at 12:56pm by Kerak »  
IP Logged

Reply #135 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 11:53am

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Thanks, Tom..."all that wing" is relative to a peanut, though.  Grin Grin Grin  Do have to say that she is light...left off a number of details...like the vertical stabilizer fairing and tailwheel...as well as the two under-wing oil coolers.  Test glides are very promising...nice straight flat glidepath.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #134 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 3:43pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Neal,
You knocked this one out of the park!!!!  Absolutely love this one!  Should fly nicely...look at all that wing!!!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #133 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 10:34pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Peanut scale Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat...scaled down from 1943 Comet Models plan.

IP Logged

Reply #132 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:38pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

The rc ship started its life as a Piece-of-Cake...then eventually suffered a dihedral brace failure after many flights...and was rebuilt as a whateveruwanttocallit.  Flew quite fast...and well, surprisingly.  That brown monokote was some really ugly stuff I had lying around...good enough for a rebuild.  My son holding it, Bryan...managed to thermal it the first time he ever had his thumbs on the sticks!!  We still laugh about that today.  I finally had to tell him that he couldn't fly what he couldn't see!  Grin  Yes...is a BabyBee out front...with a Perfect metal tank scabbed on behind with rubber bands.  Ran a line from the extra tank to one of the fueltank ports on the Bee...worked really well...lots of flying time.

Brandon's holding a generic Bostonian built from a magazine plan...also flew well.

Life was good, then.  Smiley

Neal

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print