Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ganagobie - Peck Polymers kit (Read 1274 times)
Reply #19 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:51am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

More photos

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Got me there....my bad!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:07pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Sky9pilot wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:54am:
Pete,
Great looking set of bones!  Well done!  I think you're going to have a real flyer there!  Watch out for "Hung" I think he'd like to have this one!
Tom

HA!  He's gonna have to take off his coat Grin !  This one's strictly for indoor.

WWWoFF

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:54am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Pete,
Great looking set of bones!  Well done!  I think you're going to have a real flyer there!  Watch out for "Hung" I think he'd like to have this one!
Tom

IP Logged

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:17am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Flat bits have been covered.

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 8:13am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Almost all woodwork done with just the nose-block to shape and drill for the thrust button.  The kit supplies a peck 1/8 button with the 3/64th hole, along with a diamond shaft - way overkill, but probably chosen for weight which the model will likely need.  I prefer a 1/32 shaft on these small, light models, so it'll get swapped out.

Bent the LG wires (front and rear) from the supplied 0.4mm stock - was a real PITA, but got it done without TOO much cussing Roll Eyes and the main wire is glued in.

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 11:28am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Mojo is slowly returning Cheesy.  I actually have the wing almost completely framed up - just the spar to glue in!  I've only been able to glue a max of two or three ribs per day due to further degraded tactile feeling in my paws, but I'm almost there.

This buggar is shaping up to be a sub ten gram model that I hope to have completed for the contest in Nijmegen in November (along with my 24" CO2 powered Citabria).  Peanut scale was won last year by this same kit, and Ithink the flyer used condenser paper for covering.  Haven't decided what I'll use (have to order some "C" paper), but I do have a stock of 7 gram "Tengujo".

so far, the fuselage and tail feathers come in at a porky Roll Eyes 1.10 grams.

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 3:22pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Finally got all 18 ribs glued in.  Now to store enough energy and patience to add the leading edge and spar.  I've been advised to build the larger stab shown on the plan - tho it WILL fly indoors with the scale one, just LOTS harder to trim...

The plan recommends a Peck 6" prop cut down to 5" to allow RoG, but I'd prefer a carved one...

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 10:37am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Pete,
Glad to see you're able to get back to modeling.  Hope things clear up for you.  This year has been the biggest building slump I've had in a very long time.  Hang in there buddy.  We look forward to more progress.
Tom

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:22am

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

Good to see you're back to building, Pete...at whatever rate you're comfortable with.  Smiley  The Ganagobie looks like you're "almost there," and yes, I'm patiently awaiting more on you're beautiful A-26. Wink  I've built the Invader twice...the first was an abortive attempt as a nine year old...the second was many years later...that attempt was successful.  I've seen your glide test on Youtube...outstanding.  Your Invader is a sweetheart!

The Ganagobie fuselage DOES NOT look easy to construct...but you've done a wonderful job of it!  Really Pete...she's a work of art.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 7:34am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Lots of problems to overcome the past couple of months, with little time for building.  Things have calmed down somewhat, so I've gotten back to this build and the A-26.

The wing has been a bit of a problem, being that the ribs are very thin balsa - 1/20th (but closer to 1/32nd) - and there are a LOT of them (18! Shocked!).  I've gotten them all glued to the 1/16th sq. TE, doing one or two per day (hands won't accommodate more - one of the "issues" mentioned) and am planning to do the LE and spar today.

This sucker is turning out to be my lightest peanut to date - and, so far have not managed to break anything!

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2016 at 8:45am

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

OK! then none for me to use this year Cheesy

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2016 at 6:43am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

I think that store went out of business for lack of interest, Bob!

More photos of the nearly completed fuselage.  Wing ribs are cut and are being trued, prior to notching.

DSCF6400_s.jpg (172 KB | 28 )
DSCF6400_s.jpg
DSCF6401_s.jpg (163 KB | 22 )
DSCF6401_s.jpg

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 8:47pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Ok! Pete, what store can I purchase some of that patience?  Cheesy she is looking good.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 11:20am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

bigrip74 wrote on Nov 27th, 2016 at 12:55pm:
Pete, nice job so far Smileywhats your secret on those nice square cuts?

Bob

Patience, and then MORE patience.  If the part doesn't look right, it won't fit right so it gets re-cut (still can't figure out why the part is still too short... Roll Eyes).

Using a single-edge razor blade (preferably new) and getting my eyes directly over the cut point.  It's easy to sight down the blade to see if everything lines up, then chop - not slice (that's why the new - or almost new - blade).

Last nite's work got me a fuselage almost done (photos below) weighing a mere 0.680 grams.  Adding the missing gubbins throughout the day raised the weight to 0.888 grams with just the nose planking, landing gear and supports and the tailplane slot to finish.  Probably will reach the 1 gram mark before covering...

DSCF6397_s.jpg (309 KB | 27 )
DSCF6397_s.jpg
DSCF6398_s.jpg (317 KB | 21 )
DSCF6398_s.jpg
DSCF6399_s.jpg (173 KB | 20 )
DSCF6399_s.jpg

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print