HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Bat 24 Baboon (Read 4434 times)
Reply #97 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:42pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Of Course :head smack: !!! I should have known! No wonder my paint jobs have been turning out so poorly, with streaks and paintbrush hairs left behind. I should have been using a roller like Gumby has!!! Do you have some supplier?
  I like watching all this come together.
ian

IP Logged

Reply #96 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:41pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Love the Top Hat...Gumby is all ready for St. Paddy's day!  Well done on the covering and sealing job.

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #95 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:06am

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

A little sore from the last ladder mishap, the little wonder is back to work. He he is applying sealer to the surfaces of the empennage components.

IMG_0836.JPG (243 KB | 4 )
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG (322 KB | 5 )
IMG_0838.JPG

So many planes....so little time!
IP Logged

Reply #94 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 5:59pm

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

New Builder,
While walking the parkland in Windsor or in Amherstburg listen closely for the sound of an accordion, in particular the sound of this melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ3rXbFn8qE
Follow the music to the performer. If found and he is accompanied by a Yellow Labrador please pause, listen, appreciate the lyrics, nod you head in thanks, drop a five into the accordion case, and be on your way.  You have just met the "Mad Trapper of Rat River"✌🏻
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2017 at 7:43am by John M Oshust »  

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 1:13pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I forgot to mention I will be on the lookout for your friend, shouldn't be too hard to spot. When I do see him, I will definitely stop and we will talk.

IP Logged

Reply #92 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 1:07pm

New Builder   Offline

We're near Windsor in Amherstburg, probably 8 miles from Windsor and spend a lot of time in Windsor, wife's brother and his wife are there. I'll take Detroit over Chicago anytime but not too excited about either place but there are some good hobby shops in Detroit and surrounding areas just a pain to cross the bridge and come back. There's only one hobby shop remaining in Windsor and he serves the RC community but mainly  plastic and military stuff, but he is helping as he can but as a business he has customs brokerage to deal with. I do however get a heads up when balsa comes in.

IP Logged

Reply #91 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 12:18pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

JohnO...I knew the Baboon was large, but the the shots of the workshop really show just how large the Baboon is!!!  Unfortunately finding ladders that will support my weight don't allow for too tall of a ladder!  But my son covers the climbing for me.  Keep up the great high work Gumby and keep JohnO with his feet on the ground!...Don't drop a tool on Pokey while you're up there in the air!
Wink Cool
Tom

IP Logged

Reply #90 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 11:09am

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

At least Gumby his no fear of ladders. The poly-span must be sealed. When sealed it becomes translucent. The first dry fitting of the empennage in my Bat Cave🦇 An interesting factoid about the Baboon. The upper and lower wings were interchangeable. The elevators and the rudder are identical in shape and are interchangeable. Although only one Baboon was constructed, perhaps British Aerial Transport anticipated the need for pirating parts in the future. Where else could I store and construct a BAT F.K. 24 but in a Bat Cave🦇
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2017 at 3:40pm by John M Oshust »  

IMG_1698.JPG (232 KB | 6 )
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG (325 KB | 5 )
IMG_1697.JPG

IP Logged

Reply #89 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:50am

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

Thank God you do not live in Detroit. I have a friend that lives in Windsor. If you ever see a gent with an accordion and a Labrador stop and meet him. You both should get along fabulously!  His name is Richard, the pooch Trapper. I think Richard prefers Last Woods Man to Richard.

IP Logged

Reply #88 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:12am

New Builder   Offline

Yes, spring is showing around here in Canada (only one mile from the Detroit border) and the same fate awaits the Ryan STA. Probably wont head south but summer brings all the stuff you gotta do - mow, rake, golf, drink beer but I will never stop building completely, have far too much fun and much too much enjoyment. The Ryan and my Gee Bee R1 (haven't seen that yet) will go on but at a slightly slower pace. I'll keep posting.

IP Logged

Reply #87 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 8:08pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Well, I hope that spring holds off a little, I'd like to see more of the Baboon completed by Gumby and Pokey!  Keep up the great work fellas!

Can't believe we got a little snow around here today!  Only stuck on higher ground though. Grin Wink Cool
Tom

IP Logged

Reply #86 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 6:56pm

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

Baby steps progress but progress none the less. If spring arrives early Gumby and Pokey are going to head south to follow the produce harvesting circuit. Gumby is great on radishes and lettuce!  This will put the Baboon on the shelf until next winter. Poop happens!

IMG_1694.JPG (189 KB | 3 )
IMG_1694.JPG

IP Logged

Reply #85 - Feb 24th, 2017 at 3:27pm

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

His convalescence over, Gumby and Pokey returned to the task at hand, that being, covering components of the empennage.

IMG_0818.JPG (193 KB | 1 )
IMG_0818.JPG

IP Logged

Reply #84 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 8:30pm

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

Agreed, to some degree. Your can drink five or six light beers but five or six Molson is another matter!

IP Logged

Reply #83 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 8:09pm

yotabota   Offline

I must age,,, but I don't
have to mature
Sooke BC

Okay, now that I wiped the laugh tears away, Rolling On Floor Laughing My A__ Off.
In Gumby's defence he is being economical, after 5 or 6 beers good/bad it all taste the same so might as well start with the less expensive variety.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print