Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Houston Tx (Read 211 times)
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:12pm

simpleflyer   Offline
Global Moderator
Stick & Tissue
Rosenberg, Texas

Thank you Eric for your thoughtful and kind letter.  The comments from you to my wife and me are much appreciated and will be greatly treasured by both of us for a very long time.  We were honored to have you and Bob and Bill in our home and enjoyed very much the fellowship and conversation together.  Norma enjoyed the stories and sharing and was glad that she had a part in it.  Also, she is glad that I have considerate and caring friends that would make such a   remarkable effort to come and visit us.  It is truly a blessing to have a great group of guys like you all as friends and you are a treasure.  We too, will remember the experience for a long time and we look to seeing you all again.  Thanks for a wonderful afternoon and God bless you,

Albert and Norma 

IP Logged

Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:39am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

From left to right, back row.
Eric McAuley, Al Locker
left to right, front row,
Bob Rippy, Bill parker

The other day I was finally able to meet some of my heros. I have to say it was pretty amazing. I was overwhelmed.
I picked up Bob in Austin, and we rode to Houston to meet with Bill and Al. I got a chance top see Al  tether fly and even tried myself. Pretty cool indeed!! I cant wait to build and fly one here at home.
Al flies like a champ! He also has a huge collection of plans. everything form paper to balsa. Some are very old and some look like he built them yesterday. It's amazing how good they look in person. Crazy lightweight. 
Bob got a chance to try it and he is better at it than me.  I recommend that anybody who is short on space to fly in, give this a chance. It is really alot of fun and you can do it at home. 

Bill has a huge collection of planes in his garage and it took me forever just to look at all of them. I couldn't look away, there are so many. You have to admire his building style, its a production from start to finish. Bills control line experience really shows thru when you see his planes.
Some really great looking stuff, and most of it jumbo or bigger. Bill has built planes that look like maybe a kid could ride in, lol 

I'm not going to mention their names online, but I was blessed to meet Bill and Als wives. Both of them are blessed men. The ladies were happy to meet a couple of strangers and welcomed us into their homes like family. I was honored to meet them and I hope we can meet again before the year is out. I hope we weren't too much trouble.

I had a chance to spend a couple nights with Bob and his mother. They have a beautiful home and a relationship that is to be envied. We would all do well to still have a mom in our lives and family so close. The world would be a better place if more people could live like that.
Bob has a pretty good collection of planes also.  I got to see some of his woodwork up close and he has some serious skills. Pretty inspiring stuff.

My camera had a malfunction and I lost all but one picture and all of the video. 
Thank Goodness I got to keep the one I did.
The rest I'll have to keep in my memory, until we meet again, which I hope is soon.

I want to thank all of you folks for allowing me into your lives and your homes. Those few days are etched in my brain forever.

Eric McAuley 

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print