Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TAKING UP MY CHILDHOOD HOBBY IN WINDSOR, ONTARIO (Read 251 times)
Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 7:16pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Online
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the welcomes!
Here is my 20 models on shelving units

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 9:19pm

John M Oshust   Offline
I love aero planes...my
wife calls me a wingnut!
Cranford, NJ

Welcome to Stick and Tissue. Nice pooch!  I always wanted a Lab!

So many planes....so little time!
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Here's the link to the "Hanger Board": Click Here
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 7:11pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Welcome Lastwoodsman  Smiley Great plane collection you have there. Your history is similar to many folks here.
ian

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 6:50pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Online
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Bob and Tom!  I heard that there is a Hangar here somewhere. That is exactly what I would like to do - post pics of my finished planes.  I just don't know where it is yet.  Bob, I like that, "He who dies with the most planes (whether they fly or not), wins" is a great motto - the guys that will win are the guys who never stopped building their whole life ... I have started building the Sig Customaire bipe - cut out parts and labelled etc etc and I have pics to start to post a build tomorrow ... Smiley

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Ditto what Bob said about the hanger section. We'd love to see your squadron of planes.  Once again welcome to S&T Smiley
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:22pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Hello, LWM and Trapper welcome to S&T. Remember "he who dies with the most airplanes built wins" no matter if they flew or not. I remember those days of flying CL after school also. there is a section here for your hangar where you could post all of your built airplanes. The more photos the better.

Again, welcome to S&T

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Jun 16th, 2017 at 3:52pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Online
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

GREETINGS EVERYONE !!!  I'm looking forward to some great fun on SnT, and learning from, and enjoying, all aspects of the aeromodelling hobby from all of you great builders and aviation historical researchers.  I am 60 now, retired, and my birddog "Trapper" is almost 7. I was born in 1956, and built and flew control line balsa models with Cox .049 and .020 engines, and a plastic Cox Spitfire and plastic Stuka, smashing them up, building again, flying them, smashing them up over and over - we had great fun when we were kids!  We even had a control line model airplane flying club in grade 9 and we would all bring our models to fly after school.  The last model I built in 1971 as a 15 yr old kid, was the Sterling Spad (all of my old models are all long gone ...).  I did not build for 30 yrs after that - then in 2001, I built a Guillow Fokker Triplane just for the heck of it.  I did not build for another 12 years, then in spring 2013,  I started back fully into the hobby starting with a Guillow 500 series Spitfire.  To date, I have 20 models on shelving units on the wall. I joined Virtual Aerodrome in Nov 2016, and have now joined SnT.  Hello Bill Parker!  And every one else from VA! Hi John Oshust!
  I only have 3 hobbies in retirement now - my model planes, my bird dog "Trapper", and my piano accordion.

ME_AND_TRAPPER.jpg (207 KB | 10 )
ME_AND_TRAPPER.jpg
SPAD_7.jpg (125 KB | 3 )
SPAD_7.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print