Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Large all balsa rubber model (Read 705 times)
Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:38am

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Pete, thanks for the plan and the notification on the CT event.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 8:46am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Do endeavor to build a Cloud Tramp (any size).  Good for medium sized fields on up, AND, there is the annual MIMLOCT (Memorial International Mass Launch Of Cloud Tramps) that takes place on the first Saturday of August.

http://www.endlesslift.com/charles-hampson-grant-mimloct/

It's a neat airplane and seems to last forever (unless HUNG really wants it).  Modifications allowed to a certain extent.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 6:29pm

Ed OBrien   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Manchester, CT

Applehoney,

Thanks for the Cloud Tramp. Alas, it is not the one I am looking for. But it goes into my digital plan stash. You never know . . .

Ed OBrien

Ed OBrien,
Manchester, CT
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 9:04am

applehoney   Offline
Ajax, Ontario

Cloud Tramp ?

Cloud_Tramp.gif (170 KB | 13 )
Cloud_Tramp.gif
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 6:35pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Ed, that will give me something to go on now. I found (4) ROG a/c that may fit your description (3) of which I can post here, but the fourth is too large to post. The Cloud Tramp from MAN 1954, if you give me your email in a PM to me Ill send the plans to the Cloud Tramp in a pdf.

Bob

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 1:51pm

Ed OBrien   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Manchester, CT

Bob,

You are challenging my memory. But here goes. I graduated high school in 1964. So that would be a good end date. I have a framed cover from my first ever model aviation magazine, American Modeler from May 1960. But as I was collecting plans from previous years I would think a reasonable search period would be from 1955 through June 1964. I had a box full of those old MAN plans.

Ed OBrien,
Manchester, CT
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 10:35pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Ed, it is not problem since I use a flash drive to store MANY plans and would just search what may be the a/c by narrowing the year down. Could it be a certain age you were at or would there be some world event that happened at the time that you are remembering? I have a section of MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PLANS.

Bob

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 1:14pm

Ed OBrien   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Manchester, CT

Bob,
I cannot narrow it down any more than when you could buy a whole month's worth of plans for $.50. Please do not spend any time going through a ton of back issues on my behalf. Your time is better spent building models.

Regards,
Ed

Ed OBrien,
Manchester, CT
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 8:03pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Ed, do you remember a year or years? I may be able to research this for you.

Bob

IP Logged

Jun 26th, 2017 at 4:48pm

Ed OBrien   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Manchester, CT

Back in the old days you could buy all of the plans published each month by Model Airplane News for the princely sum of $.50, yep fifty cents. And you got them all on one very large piece of paper. One of those plan sets included a large all balsa stick rubber model. All sheet wings, a "stick" fuselage, and the rubber motor strung out underneath it. It was a small rubber stick model on steriods. The span was probably around 30 or more inches. I do not remember the name of the model but I think it was designed by a well known modeler of the day. Possibly Henry Struck. Any body remember this one? I actually had the plan but gave it and all the rest away in 1997, prior to moving overseas.  Or is this another product of a twisted mind?

Ed OBrien

Ed OBrien,
Manchester, CT
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print