Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with pictures posted using Photobucket (Read 474 times)
Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 1:34am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

I have over 1500 pics from museums alone. 375 from the Seattle museum alone.  No vids on the bucket, but at least 3000 pics altogether.  At one point, the daughter had 800 pics of the baby. {new mom syndrome, lol} got that cleaned up.
There's a reason they want 400, and its not because it costs them that much. Something has happened. They are culling the crowd. nobody will pay that.
I never got any kind of warning and neither did anybody else that I know of. 

I'm not opposed to paying a reasonable amount and I could have scaled back the number of pics. But this is a sucker punch as far as I see, and i wont use the service anymore.

the real problem is all the black spaces on the site. Dont know what to do about that, now or in the future. If we stop hotlinking, our site size will quadruple.  I need to find out if that means an increase in price. We are no where near our allotted space yet, but for the future, i need to find out. 

Sigh, it's always something breaking in life, it seems. Always a fire somewhere.  You plug the holes and another pops open.
Oh well. We survived the other fires, we will survive this one too.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:24pm

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Last night I went the library section then picked the folder and clicked on download in the lower right waited for that folder to download while on site or went to my email to download from the email. I was able to get all of my photos.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:20am

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Took for ever....I even left the site... got an email... went back through the email link, only to be told the download was no longer available.  I finally waited on the site while it downloaded...took at least 5 minutes ...to finally download the animated avatar I have been using.  I haven't successfully downloaded any other video.  I've been waiting while they do their thing and have had the capsha proving I'm not a robot pop up several times and then nothing!!!  I'm very frustrated with them!!!  Photobucket is not on my "Bucket List".... Lips Sealed Embarrassed Undecided

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:30am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Tom,
what did you have to do to access your vids?  I tried to download one, just to see wha' happens and got nada.

I can't believe how slow the dam* site has become!  Doesn't even load properly Angry.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 8:44pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Here is what Photobucket did to everybody!
As of June 30, 2017, Photobucket requires a $99 annual subscription to allow external linking to hosted images and a $399 annual subscription to allow the embedding of images on third-party websites, such as personal blogs and forums. This policy change, enacted with no advance warning, has been highly controversial.[6]
LWM

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 3:10pm

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Pete...
My videos had to be downloaded individually.  Even if they were in an album.  So I'd download an album then go back and individually download the video in that album.  Just more work.  I also had to wait, sometimes 10 minutes for them to make their adjustments or whatever they did so I could download it.
Tom

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 10:24am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

'Bucket won't delete photos.  They've just ceased free embedding.  You can still upload, re-size and store photos with the "free" version, but will probably have to copy the re-sized image in order to post on the Forum.

I'm still trying to find out what they did with my videos Undecided Angry.

I primarily re-size my photos with one of my on-board programs (Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, Ms Paint and a few others Roll Eyes).

WWWoFF

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 10:07am

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Fellas, what is the bottom line here? - don't use Photobucket to resize your pictures? I am no expert, bUt my computer Guru installed a free copy of "Photogadget" for picture resizing on my computer,  that seems to work fine for me.  But does that mean I should never use a pic from Photobucket because they will delete it?
LWM

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:14am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Just checked my uploaded-to-Photob. videos... All have been "renamed or deleted by owner"...  BULLSH**!  At least the photos are still there and I have most of the vids on my hard-drive.

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 8:03am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

I replied to this on SFA, but now see that you're correct Angry.  Photos are "safe" but any "sharing" requires a paid membership Angry Angry Undecided.

Not sure about direct sharing on Facebook, but I'll be collecting my files from 'bucket and cancel my account.  I normally get notifications about policy changes, but I must have missed this one...

I believe one can still link to an album in Photobucket, but the embedding function has definitely become a cost issue.

Greedy bung-ho*es... but I don't see where $400 comes from, unless you were looking at the top level "Plus 500" (500 Gb) option.

WWWoFF

IP Logged

Jul 2nd, 2017 at 2:03am

Sky9pilot   Online
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

We are finding that Photobucket has changed their policies and what was once a free sharing service is now costing members a membership to post photos on another site other than theirs.  For me the cost was prohibitive!!! Almost $400.00.  I'm now downloading those pictures to a thumb drive and will be working to repair my earlier posts.  If you can help us with your earlier post we would appreciate it.  If you need help PM me and I'll do what I can to assist you!
Tom/Sky9pilot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print