Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some plane builds have not pictures (Read 77 times)
Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 11:40am

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

It would be a goo idea to look for the sales and pick up a couple of 64gb thumb drives. I bought a couple for $5 by keeping my eyes open whenever I went past the rack.
  One way of organizing is to Label your folders by category with subfolders  in rational groupings and sub-folders under them ... It is helpful to have the name of the model in the file name so that you can search for it. (don't ask me how I know).
ian

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:09am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I've usually kept my files on backup cd's but now I've got to find the particular cd I placed this file on.  Those builds were several years ago and so now I've got to dig through those cd's to find my files.  I know I need a better system of filing my old files.  I've been looking into an external drive.  I just bought a thumbdrive that has 16 gigs storage for $19 at Walmart.  I just hate having to go back and restore the site build threads.  I'm amazed at the work you're doing at SFA Staubkorb!  You're doing a great job! 
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 7:22am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Fortunately, i never deleted any of my Photos from my hard-drive after loading them to PB.  The BEST way to be sure of not losing data is to use a spare/external drive - NOT a USB thumb-drive (they're OK for short-term storage or transfer).  External hard-drives are now relatively inexpensive and come with a neat case (at least the ones I've seen in the stores here).

My only issue is figuring out which files are which for restoring (if I even bother)...

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Aug 2nd, 2017 at 11:16pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Hi y'all!  It seems that several of my early builds don't have pictures any longer because of the big Photobucket debacle.  I've spent almost all day trying to get the Spitfire Tutorial in the Beginner's section redone.  I won't go into the hassle with Photobucket getting MY PHOTOS back...I won't be using anymore free sites to store any pictures!!! Cry Lips Sealed Angry

I'll try to fix the other build threads in the coming days!  Thanks for your patience!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print