Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Frozen" notification (Read 108 times)
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 1:07pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Got this info from BigDawg our IT guru...
There are three parts to clearing old data from browsers...

1. History.
2. Cache.
3. Cookies.

History is the pages. Cache is the pics. If you clear the cache but not the history, next time you visit you get the pics refreshed but not the page. If the page is frozen when you left it, it'll be frozen when you revisit. Two choices, clear ALL history and cache, or "reload" the page using a refresh command specific to the device/browser you are using. Sometimes it takes multiple reloads too. Example, if you get Internal Server Error, reload page (hit F5) and the page you expected reloads and is fine (or it might with multiple tries). If you get Internal Server Error and quit browser, that is now the page held in history for the page you were trying to visit when you got the error. Next time you go to that page, error shows up. It doesn't mean there's an error, it's just using the history file. Confused yet?  Wink

Cookies are "log in" "log out" specific. Example, if I log in and don't log out, I expect to not have to log in again when I visit next time. If I find I have to log in, odds are the cookie is toast (possibly expired). Clear cookie, do new log in, should be good to go after that.

Your suggestion to users to should always be to clear "History, Cache and Cookies" Keep in mind that cookies come from everywhere so clearing all cookies means that a person will lose all logins on all sites that they are registered for. Probably always worth mentioning that they can remove just Stickandtissue cookies.

This may be old new to some of you but it cleared up some things for me. Computer wizard I'm not!!!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:37pm

MKelly   Offline
Helotes, TX

Tom,

I'm seeing the same thing on a number of categories when I view the site on my Kindle.  This started happening earlier this week.  Seems to be OK when viewing on my PC.

Mike

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:26pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I'm thinking it's on your end, I don't have the frozen problem.  Mine comes right up with the latest post.  Have you deleted the cookies as well in the cache?  Don't know why, but the cookies often cause the problems.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Sep 15th, 2017 at 9:33pm

Kiwi   Offline
New Zealand

The last post notification on the "Mystery Plane Challenge" has been frozen on a post from "lastwoodsman"since post #1293 on Sept 4th despite now being up to post #1318.
Can you fix? I have cleared my cache but to no avail

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with Fancy Watches
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print