New Builder (Read 195 times)
Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 3:10pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Hey Mike - there
MUST
be more than two of us Free Flight guys, but where are they?   I know there are three  r/c clubs out in the county, and that they even rent a high school gym out there.  There was talk at the model show about starting a modelling club.  I received in the mail from the school board, all of the costs and information and times and dates and the actual application, to rent the
big "double" gym
at that big Kennedy High School right beside Jackson Park.  It would be great to get a few guys (maybe just you and me?), together to fly inside with no wind and no humidity for two hours, one day each week 6:30 to 8:30,  $26 each day which is a 40% discount for seniors (and $75 insurance and $15 permit fee for the season)  from October to May. They were already full this year, but sometimes they drop out they told me over the phone ...
   Well, I tried to do my part, by stocking up on, and buying $120 worth of "hand picked" soft light balsa at Windsor Hobbies ...  Wink   I think they sell a lot of trains and high end plastic kits and big wooden boat kits.
LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Well, that makes two of us balsa Free Flight modelers in the Windsor/Amherstburg area now ...

Richard - It is hard to believe there are only the two of us in this area but it does show why there is only one remaining hobby shop in our area. We need to keep supporting this shop so we do not lose our only local source, but he has been there for, I think we said, about 25 years so something is going right for him.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:53am

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Tom and Richard are correct, the work area looks great and that fuselage jig is a wonderful tool. Glad that your here at S&T to share your interest with us.

bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 8:26pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Just look at those airplane plans all over the walls ... Oh - and there is your heavy duty Jig!   Well, that makes two of us balsa Free Flight modelers in the Windsor/Amherstburg area now ... Great to have you with us - hope to see you back to building real soon!  Smiley
LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 3:39pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks for sharing your pic with us.  I envy your building room.  Great to have you here at S&T.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Oct 20th, 2017 at 12:16pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Tried for a selfie but my arms were too short. Got back into modelling last November after a very long time away and have to say where else can you have this much fun for so little effort (thanks LWM for the quote). I retired in 2009 from the semi conductor industry after spending several decades in the aerospace industry. Two totally unrelated industries but got into the semi conductor business when the cold war ended and I had to make a jump. Been around airplanes all my life as my father held an A&P license and I would sometimes work with him. He worked for United Airlines for many years and I got a great inside view there.

Me.jpg (122 KB | 4 )
Me.jpg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print