Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SPITFIRE AND HURRICANE PICS NOV 29 2017 (Read 236 times)
Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Yardman Jeff   Offline
I feel like a kid again
SW corner of upstate NY

Sweet!
There is a Mossie too

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks for the pictures of the Lanc and Mosquito.  I look forward to future posts.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:24pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Here's the pictures of the Lancaster bomber and the Mosquito bomber currently residing in the Canadian Historic Aircraft Association. Both planes are under restoration with the Lancaster in several large pieces and the mosquito in a more advanced state of restoration at the time and the pictures I took were from Tuesday nights model meet that Richard and I attended. These pictures are just the beginning of the photos coming as Richard and I are going on a guided tour of the entire Lancaster restore at the next meeting in January. It's important to know that this Lancaster was the lead aircraft on April 29th, 1945 that flew the first of many food drops to the Dutch people that were being held and punished for helping liberate a portion of Holland. Several hundred people were being starved and dying daily due to the punishment by the Nazis.
For a more complete story see:
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/operationsmanaandchowhound

Lancaster_1.jpg (164 KB | 0 )
Lancaster_1.jpg
Lancaster_5_001.jpg (151 KB | 0 )
Lancaster_5_001.jpg
Lancaster_3.jpg (132 KB | 0 )
Lancaster_3.jpg
Lancaster_7.jpg (162 KB | 0 )
Lancaster_7.jpg
Mosquito_6.jpg (106 KB | 0 )
Mosquito_6.jpg
Mosquito_4.jpg (123 KB | 0 )
Mosquito_4.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:58am

Yardman Jeff   Offline
I feel like a kid again
SW corner of upstate NY

Yep, I'm hoping the heavy snow bands miss me. It's so windy today that I decided not to spend time in the woods. I'm leary of being brained by a wind snapped branch, tree top, or tree.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 12:48pm

New Builder   Offline

Your snow is the front passing thru here this afternoon.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:15am

Yardman Jeff   Offline
I feel like a kid again
SW corner of upstate NY

Sure, please post some Lancaster pics. Nice Fairchild 24, that must be a fun club!

Red Oak leaves and Larch needles are airborne today at my place on this very windy gloomy day. Big "Lake Effect" snowstorm due tomorrow night....

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 2:47pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, that's right Jeff -  Some Oak trees will go bare between leaf drop and new growth, others push off the old leaves with new ones -  especially the White Oak family  that share the characteristic of evergreen foliage - white oak dropping its leaves in the spring, while the other trees drop theirs in the fall.  "Live oak" or "evergreen oak" is a general term that comes from the fact that evergreen oaks remain green and "live" throughout winter, when other oaks are dormant and leafless.
      Yes - we just started a new model club in Windsor - about 15 guys - talk about "hangar talk"  Wink  -  two of the members are representing balsawood aeromodelers - me and New Builder "Mike" - and both of us come from the "Stick & Tissue" website of balsa aeromodeling enthusiasm.   Cheesy Shocked  I think this coming meeting is "show and tell", as the last one was "introduce yourself" - I think I will bring my 24" Thomas Herr kit "FOKKER D7" to the meeting - and it is a great chance to get inside the Historic Hangar and take pics - I got 45 pics, inside and, out of the newly donated "Fairchild 24" at the last meeting.
LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:43am

New Builder   Offline

The Lancaster is in the Historic Hanger at the Windsor, Ontario airport and is currently under restoration. Richard (Last Woodsman) and I meet there every month with a group of very diversified modelers. I'll take some pictures of the plane tonight and get them posted tomorrow.
New Builder
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:30am

Yardman Jeff   Offline
I feel like a kid again
SW corner of upstate NY

Great pics!
Wonder what happened to the Lancaster?

I see there are still some leaves left on the trees, some of those oaks won't drop them until a snow cover arrives.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:54am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks for sharing, they look great!

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:31am

pb_guy   Online
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

They don't look like replicas to me. They look like the real thing with engines and armaments removed. They used to have a Lancaster bomber there apparantly.
ian

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:39am

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

pics 11 to 14
LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:37am

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

pics 6 to 10
LWM
Richard

IP Logged

Nov 29th, 2017 at 10:35am

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

LATEST PICS OF SPITFIRE AND HURRICANE WED NOV 29 2017

When I  was walking the dog this morning, in Jackson Park, Windsor, Ontario, I noticed that the brilliant low morning sun was splendidly coloring the undersides of the replica Spitfire and Hurricane warplanes' wings, showing their true colors.   I just had to take pictures and share them.  14 pics
LWM
Richard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print