Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Derbyshire, UK (Read 226 times)
Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:59pm

ColinC   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Derbyshire, UK

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have very little left of my previous model build, just a Junior 60 and a Lazy Bee in the loft. Have ordered in some materials but have found a stash of balsa in the loft. Tonight I started cutting out parts for a Peanut SE5A, am interested in getting a feel for that aircraft because am building a Currie Wot in the workshop that may become an SE5A replica.

Regards,

Colin

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 4:39pm

pb_guy   Online
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Hi Colin and welcome to the S&T site. You can talk about full-size planes in the Cafe and post pics of models in a Hangar.
ian

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 12:45pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Hi Colin - Sounds exactly what I did 1 year ago last month and still uncovering tools and toys from long ago. This is the best site for stick and tissue builds. The members here are the best around so ask any questions and sit back, here comes a good mix of answers. Look forward to seeing your pictures of any build.
New Builder
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Ditto what Bob said, but if your into Peanut Scale that's also acceptable for the Winter Cookup! 

Once again welcome to S&T and feel free to browse the various boards and categories.  Make yourself at home and if you have a current fleet of aircraft open your own hanger and share them with us.  We love seeing other modeler's work!!!
Tom/Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:45am

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Colin, welcome to Stick and Tissue. Glad to have a Merlin representative among us now. Please share your building progress with the community here by opening one in the Present build section, or you could join us in the COOKUP section where there is a dime cookup in progress.

Again welcome from across the pond.

]Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:45am

bigrip74   Offline
Global Moderator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Colin, welcome to Stick and Tissue. Glad to have a Merlin representative among us now. Please share your building progress with the community here by opening one in the Present build section, or you could join us in the COOKUP section where there is a dime cookup in progress.

Again welcome from across the pond.

]Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:19am

ColinC   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Derbyshire, UK

Hi, I just joined after finding this forum earlier today. Thanks for having me.

As the heading implies, I am from Derby in the UK (the home of Rolls-Royce). I have been building models on and off since I was a kid. I have done the usual stick and tissue, control-line to radio progression. More recently have been building and flying full-sized aircraft too.

I recently decided that I would like to regain my stick and tissue building skills so am currently digging out the modelling tools and materials I have collected over the last 40-50 years and looking for something suitable to build from plans.

regards,

Colin Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print