Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Kalamazoo, MI (Read 407 times)
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:57pm

Skyediamonds   Offline
Global Moderator
Enjoying life and all
aspects of modeling
Reno, Nevada

Welcome to Stick & Tissue.  As some of our senior members have already said, we're all here to learn and share what we learned.  Mistakes are counted as good learning experiences.  I believe the Whitman Tallwind is one of the aircraft that was photographed in detail.  Look for it under Archives of Aircraft.  All questions will be answered in six different ways....  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 9:30pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Paul , welcome to S&T and the community here. Wrinkles in tissue will show up from time to time no matter how long you've been building. Just remember a couple of points:

1. my ugliest airplanes flew the best.
2. who cares what it looks like if she flies and flies.
3. enjoy what you build and build what you like.

Again, welcome to S&T

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:53am

ffadict   Offline

Thanks guys! Maybe the best way to model is to try all 6!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:48pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Welcome, Paul from Kalamazoo. Ask any question from 3 modellers and they will tell you six ways to do something.
ian

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:15pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Paul,
Welcome to S&T... you'll find the modelers here are eager to assist with suggestions.  I think you'll find that there will be more than you'll need...then the fun is figuring out which one will work for you and your skills and techniques.  We're all still learning and having fun...post picture of your latest project on the Current Builds board and bring us along on your build.  You'll find we here at S&T are ready and willing to give recommendations, advice and encouragement. 
Sky9pilot/Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:53pm

Huey v77   Offline
I hate P51's, live east
of Cleveland Ohio.
Orwell, Ohio

Welcome aboard Paul. Remember there is No sutch thing as a dumb question! There are a lot of good modelers here with great techniques. Look and listen. As far as wrinkles, I have been trying to work that out for years, still looking for one with out them. Oh, your talking about models... Build!
Mark

IP Logged

Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:27pm

ffadict   Offline

Hello fellow modelers,

I'm relatively new to the ff modeling hobby (I'm 15), but really interested in learning how to make my models better. I really need to work on sanding my models more and getting a wrinkle-free, warp-free final job. So far I've made a Junior Miss, and am working on a Bazooka and a modified Witman Tailwind. I'd welcome any advice or tips this forum has to offer!
Thanks,
Paul

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print