Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MODEL CLUB MTG & LATEST MOSSIE BUILD PICS (Read 219 times)
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 4:14pm

New Builder   Online
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Hey Rick - Thank you for taking and posting the pics of our club meeting, it is a very diversified group and everyone is interested in everyone's work and interests. The gentleman doing the weathering demo offered to make the instrument faces for my upcoming Marcoux Bromberg build. You are right Rick, this is going to succeed. Photo 8155 showing the skeleton of a control surface is the actual rudder of the Mosquito. All the parts and pieces had to be disassembled and rebuilt. The view is the top of the rudder assembly looking toward the bottom.
Thanks again for taking this on.
Mike

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. (Salvador Dali 1904 - 1989)
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:12pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

WINDSOR MODEL CLUB MTG & LATEST MOSQUITO BUILD PICS cont.

more pics

LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:10pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

more pics

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 10:04pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

more pics

IP Logged

Mar 7th, 2018 at 9:55pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

WINDSOR MODEL CLUB MTG & LATEST MOSQUITO BUILD PICS

We had our monthly Windsor Model Club meeting yesterday, and I also took some pics of the latest developments of the full size "Wooden Wonder" Mosquito build.  For the show and tell,  New Builder Mike brought in some of his own great hand drafted drawings of a big Marcoux-Bromberg 1930s racing plane.  A lot of work and very detailed.  I am looking forward to his big presentation, and especially his balsa build.   I brought in 3 hand carved wooden props to talk about and pass around.  I tried to get all the guys to guess which way the prop turns ... (the flat edge of the blade is the trailing edge, and the rounded edge of the blade is the leading edge - 3 guys got it right - I never even knew before ...) Rob S. set up a big painting demonstration on "weathering" of plastic models which was very interesting.  These guys go to great lengths for realism.    And there were several other models brought in for discussion.
     The big talk is that they are considering going to build a half size 1909 AEA "Silver Dart"  (Aerial Experiment Association) airplane,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEA_Silver_Dart   in addition to the ongoing Lancaster Bomber restoration and Mosquito build.  One of the guys in the model club volunteers on the Mosquito, and currently has two balsa kits from Easy Built, so we had a  lot to talk about. Here is a replica Silver dart flying  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=SILVER+DART+AIRCRAFT+REPLICA&&view=detail&m...  In fact, there is sooooo much Hangar talk, and history, and model building going on, I think this model building club will be a real success.   It really is so great to get into that Historic Hangar ...  http://www.ch2a.ca/
       Here is a few pics from the club meeting, and a bunch more of the Mosquito build.
LWM
Richard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print