Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NoCal rebirth - need advice (Read 588 times)
Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 1:42pm

cometkid46   Offline

Albuquerque, NM

Thanks for all the help, guys. You can find my building board build at http://www.stickandtissue.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1527961351/0#9

IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2018 at 10:01am

cometkid46   Offline

Albuquerque, NM

Thanks, Mike. I made up a board and documented my build which may prove helpful to others - whether or not they use the Easy Built sheet metal.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 6:56am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I mounted my mag board on MDF as the moisture in any glue may warp the plywood and take your board out of flat. Experience speaking here.
NB
Mike

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. (Salvador Dali 1904 - 1989)
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 10:35am

cometkid46   Offline

Albuquerque, NM

Thanks, Tom.

Steve

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 4:42pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

While Dave offers a nice setup with the magnet board you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and just get a 2X4 ft sheet of galvanized metal and put it on a 2X4 ft ply wood sheet (I'd suggest 3/4" thickness) and they have cabnet magnets that come in all kinds of shapes and sizes (for keeping the doors closed) that you can use for building model.  Might be a bit cheaper.
That's what I use.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 4:04pm

cometkid46   Offline

Albuquerque, NM

Thanks, Tom. I am ordering the Turbo Cessna 195 from Volare and am reviewing all the posts from the link to Hip Pocket.
Probably time to order that winder and a metal building board from Easy Built. It's going to be fun. Smiley
Steve

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Volare's new Turbo Cessna 195 kit... it's a short kit and has very good reviews and George includes free templates for printing the tissue . 

Click Here for link to Volare

Here's HPA review of the kit: Click Here
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Mar 16th, 2018 at 6:38am

cometkid46   Offline

Albuquerque, NM

In the late 80s I flew indoor under the guidance of Don Lindley and John Schageter. (Their enthusiasm will always live in my heart.) My models were Bostonian and NoCal. Just before retirement in 2007, I was persuaded to give up my Opegaard (sp?) stripper and Wilder winder. So, here I sit in Albuquerque with a dearth of tools. No stooge. Nada. Zip. But we have an indoor site every Monday. And I still have the building skills intact. Smiley I am bored with the RC Vapor. I need to return to those glory days of carving my own props and trimming. So the question is...what NoCal kit would you recommend I start with from either Volare or Aeroaces.com?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print