Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Elmer's Ultimate Glue with Precision Tip (Read 178 times)
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 1:00pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

What base does it have (water, aromatic solvent, catalytic)?  Elmer's is practically unobtanium over here, so I'll have to wait till my buddy's next trip to Trumpland Smiley Smiley.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:46am

shipwreck   Offline
Navy Vet
Medina Ohio

Have not seen this type of glue yet. I will have to pick some up and try it.
I do the same when I am building. I do double glue my joints when using wood glue or a cut down acitone glue. Building is relaxing.
Shipwreck

IP Logged

Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:38pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Neoflight had mention this glue in latest build...
I have double glued in the past but very rarely. If it's something I need immediate hold, I'll use cyanoacrylate but try to avoid on joints that will need contouring. Like most, I find it annoying and the odour is a bit off but it does have its uses. For joints that will need sanding, can accept slow cure or I feel will need to bear strain or torque I'll use aliphatic resin glue. I've recently found a unique glue by Elmer's called "Elmer's Ultimate Glue" I like to use on high torque/weight bearing joints. I has a slight measure of elasticity but more rigid than Elmer's white glue. It is easily pruned or shaped with a pen knife or thin razor and sands/files well.
One thing I do is allocate a measurable amount of time shaping and fitting the joints. I will spend anywhere from a couple to 15min getting a proper fit. Building is relaxing for me and I don't mind taking it slow. It doesn't always mean I'll meet with success but at least I'm relaxed when I approach failure.
Regards, Neo

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print