Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simpleflyer/Al Locker Memorial (Read 171 times)
Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 5:52pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

I would just like to say that though my contact with Al was only on the SnT site...whenever I had a question...he was always ready to help...such a gracious and kind-hearted individual.  That's how I remember him.  We should all hope to follow his lead in our relationship with others. Don't think you'll need a letter of recommendation from me, but if you do...I'm here for ya.  Thanks, Al.

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:22am

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

It was an enjoyment when Eric and I visited with Al and Norma.

I will see you when its time and we will fly to our hearts content.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 6:31pm

JimM   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Ajax, Ontario, Canada

We were blessed by your presence, Albert.

Rest in peace

IP Logged

Jul 30th, 2018 at 2:41pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Here's a bit about our Moderator Al who has gone west!!!
IN MEMORY OF Albert Locker aka “Simpleflyer”.
Albert was born on a farm in the Bohemian Community of Kolin, Louisiana of a pioneer family of Czech immigrants. They were bilingual belonging to an extended family. Grandpa Ed Locker was from Austria, Grandparents Andrew and Maria Wittera Brousek were from Bohemia, by way of Nebraska. Father and Mother, Edward and Helen Brousek Locker and the children Albert and Rosie were all born in America.

Albert’s love for airplanes started when he was 4 years old. He watched the trainer airplanes at a runway near their farm in Kolin, Louisiana. He would watch the whole day, such that his Grandmother would bring him a peanut butter sandwich so he wouldn’t starve. Living on the farm gave Albert life skills and values that he cherished his whole life.

His love of aviation led him to join the Civil Air Patrol as a student at Holy Savior Menard High School. He attended USL and Ruston, joined the Air Force, was stationed in Japan until he was brought home to attend his father’s funeral. Afterwards, he closed up the farm and selling off the cows he attended Louisiana College where received his teaching certification and thought the life of a teacher might be his calling, but the pull of airplanes led him to a job at Spartan Aviation in Tulsa and then on to Crest Air Aviation in Alexandria, LA.

Albert and Norma met in Alexandria, LA in 1978 while Norma was employed by a private Seed Company as a Rice Breeder while Albert was with Crest Air Aviation. Then in June 1981, Norma found employment with Occidental Petroleum in East Bernard. In December, 1981 Albert also found employment with Brown and Root, an engineering company in Houston with their Fixed Base Operation at Hobby airport. He continued his friendship with Norma in Rosenberg. It was the hand of God which lifted them both from Alexandria, La to Rosenberg,TX where they would find one another again. They got married in June of 1983 and celebrated their 35th anniversary on June 11, 2018 with Pizza and ice cream.

Building his airplanes from model kits was his main hobby. He would tethered them on a fishing pole and swing them around in our backyard. He enjoyed visiting different airports and swinging his airplanes with different airplanes in the background. Then he would post the pictures on the website (stickandtissue.com) where he was a Moderator in charge of Tether/Swing Flying Aircraft,  to share with everybody.

His last main activity was the “Modelmania Show” sponsored by IPMS (International Plastic Modelers Society) on April 28, 2018 at the Stafford Center at Stafford, TX, about 30 minutes from Rosenberg. He reserved one table and brought his kits to sell. Norma accompanied him the whole day and he was very happy to meet his friends who share the same interest. The next day and for the next 2-3 weeks he started taking inventory of his left over kits in preparation for next year’s show. May 15 was when he had a stroke which affected his memory, his speech and mobility of his right arm. His health went down abruptly with a sudden loss of appetite and continuous loss of memory. He passed away on July 12, 2018.

Additional Note: Albert chose Simpleflyer because that’s how he is - simple, sincere, and very unassuming. Albert’s best friend summed up his personality as “...He always inspired me with his intellect and his love of flying. He was the one who inspired me to pursue flight training. His knowledge of the aviation industry was all encompassing. But there was yet another side to Al, and that was the gentle persona he always carried; a tall man who was soft spoken and mild mannered. As he spoke his words were calm, yet spoken with assurance….”

Al was instrumental as a Moderator, in setting up the Tether/Swing Flying Models Section of Stick and Tissue Forum…http://stickandtissue.com  His inspiration will be missed!

simpleflyer_3.jpg (59 KB | 8 )
simpleflyer_3.jpg

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print