Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glue / Adhesive question? (Read 69 times)
Reply #4 - Yesterday at 6:56pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Yesterday at 6:45pm

ScottD961   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Clarion, PA.

Where can you buy the UHU stick glue at?

I'm not efficient. But at least I'm slow
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 6:57pm

rms   Offline

Westport, MA

Thank you for the information on the glues.

Enjoy life!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 5:48pm

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Titebond II comes highly recommended. Lots of people use UHU which is a sort of Ambroid (no longer available) substitute. For a fast-grab glue to glue your canopy and plastic to wood, people use Aleene's Tacky glue, available from walmart.
  For a white glue, I use Gorilla Carpenter's glue, also available from walmart because it is a fast grab, fast setting, very strong glue. see: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-Wood-Glue-8-oz/15085314 . It is not pure white, it dries about the color of balsa.
ian

IP Logged

Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:46pm

rms   Offline

Westport, MA

I have built so many airplanes over the years that I no longer can use CA without it effecting my breathing.  I have become allergic to it and the accelerators.  I do not want to use Testor's, Ambroid or Sigment even if they still make it.....too old for the headaches that follow when using those. LOL.

My intent is to build with white glue or Titebond. If there are any other safe fast drying glues that can be used for framing the S&T models, I would love to hear about them.  I did not find a topic on glues. I apologize if this has been covered already.

Enjoy life!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print