HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Orv Olm (Read 146 times)
Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 11:24pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

I did have the opportunity to meet him and he was a fantastic guy.  His passing is a great loss to the world and the hobby.

KF

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 10:54pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks Tom for letting us know...our thoughts and prayers go to the family!  He will be sorely missed!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 7:00pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

VERY sad news!  I had a number of conversations with Orv over the years, but never was able to meet him.  A great person who will be missed.

Pete

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Sep 26th, 2018 at 4:21pm

tom arnold   Offline

Stick & Tissue
Casper WY

It is with great sadness that I just learned that Orv Olm, owner of Gizmo Geezer and a good friend passed away. Orv had been suffering from a years long battle with cancer that finally overwhelmed that great heart of his. Orv was one of those people that make you glad to be alive as he was such an enthusiastic and warm person. The world will be smaller place with his loss. Sympathy cards or notes to his wife, Marci, can be sent to the business address of Gizmo Geezer:   45 Kirk Crescent, Saskatoon, SK Canada S7H 3B1

Marci's email is as follows:
Sad news today, Orv died last evening. We were so sorry that his daughter Mel was unable to arrive in time to see him, but he was tired and ready.

I’m sorry this may be the first you were aware of Orv’s struggles the last five weeks, and actually since Christmas, among them the continued inability to diagnose exactly what was going on, there were so many things hurting. Finally, they determined that the blood problems were most likely caused by the cancer being malignant. In a second scan/biopsy of his lung on Monday they then determined that his lung was a secondary site for the cancer. The doctors scheduled a PET scan to determine the origin of the cancer, but Orv and I declined. He, we, had had enough.

Look for him in a thermal.

Please pass this note along to those whom I’ve missed.
Best regards,
Ms. Giz

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print