Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scale Corsair: are 3 or 4 blade props available? (Read 85 times)
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2018 at 12:53am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

The scale prop won't be adequate for any flying pics except to glide past with the prop turning as the aircraft glides.

Some modelers are capable of crafting a scale looking prop from various materials for the scale look on display, but add a proper rubber power prop for flying.   The trick would be to determine the scale of the Dumas model and find a plastic model of close scale for the prop.   I'm sure there are some fairly large plastic models of the Corsair around 1/48 or 1/32 scale or maybe a 1/24. 

Here's a link to accessories for plastic models and a Corsair prop: /0/] Click Here
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Oct 22nd, 2018 at 2:39pm

Colchicine   Offline

Newport News, Virginia

I'm building a Dumas kit of the F-4U Corsair.  The more I build it the more ideas I have for adding authenticity to the model.  For instance, I already have plans for making the wings foldable and the land gear retractable.

So I'm looking for a prop that be appropriate for a model with a 17.5 inch wingspan.  I plan to get some photos of flying, but past that it will be an air-worthy static display.

I found this photo on a UK site advertising the Dumas kit, so clearly they are out there.

5500822-2.jpg (125 KB | 4 )
5500822-2.jpg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print