HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fix up / clean up (Read 2001 times)
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2009 at 1:18am

John Webster   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Painesville, Ohio

You can buy just the plans from Guillows.

I doubt if a DH4 whistled but Pitts biplanes sing when pulling high Gs. You can't hear it in the cockpit but it is very audible from the ground. The unloaded set of wires vibrates so fast that they become a blur when viewed from the cockpit. That's the reason for the broomstick (yes they use broom handles) where the wires cross between the wings-to limit the movement.

The loud rapping noise you hear when a Pitts or T-6 is doing aerobatics is the prop tips going supersonic.

When you begin to fly you are issued two bags, one full of luck and an empty one for experience.&&The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 6:53am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

I think Your correct. Its AWFUL heavy. Lots of glue. I wish I had known back then to save the plans. Since last post have painted black and have some orange rigging done. Wow theres alot of rigging on these jewels. I bet they whistled when they flew.  Grin

thymekiller

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 12:50am

John Webster   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Painesville, Ohio

Looks like Guillows.

Put some dihedral in it, replace the wheels with balsa and the nose plastic with a balsa one with a plug for the prop bearing and it will fly.

When you begin to fly you are issued two bags, one full of luck and an empty one for experience.&&The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
IP Logged

May 3rd, 2009 at 8:58pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Best way to repair struts. I dont know what all the fuss is about. Its easy !!!
Grin Grin Grin Grin

When we moved from TX, we had to put 10 lbs of stuff in a 9 lbs bag.  As a result, I clipped and packed however I could. Some couldnt be saved and some never made the trip.
Anyway,
My next few are gonna be kinda large, and I need to clean up and fix the room for them. Might as well start at the ceiling.  Wink
I have never done rigging so here I go. I think I have enough pics of the DeHaviland D.H. 4  .  I love this plane for the shear amount of wing area. Its crazy, but normal for the day. Some day I will build one that flyies. I have comet plans. I think this was eighter a Guillows or a Sterling. Cant remember back that far.....Guillows I think.
Got a few others to play with and will post here in "wrecks"

eric

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print