Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stuff.....cleaning house? (Read 3029 times)
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:56pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

YEA BABY, YEA!!!!!!!!
Shipping regular mail should be around 10 dollars.
Will pm my info.
Thanks.
thymekiller

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:43pm

Black Lion   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Carpentersville, IL

Ummm...I think you misunderstood. The Guillows P-47 kit is....a kit. Never started and all there except for the decals as far as I can tell. Nothing to clip....you have to build. Plans, plastic, rubber, prop, etc. it's all there 'ceptin' for the decals.

Still interested?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:08pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Springfield MO.
You could clip the wings someplace that would be easy to patch. That would make it easyer to pack. I'm not gonna fly it, just hang it. Does it come with the plans and plastic? What ever shipping would be  cheapest. I just sent a big package out of county, regular mail, for only 25.00

thymekiller

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 9:31am

Black Lion   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Carpentersville, IL

It' not light so I'll have to weigh up and get back to you. USPS or UPS as a choice? Rates are high but it sure would be cheaper than the kit nowadays.

Update: It weighs 2 lbs. I don't have a box to box it in (redundant?) though. I could run it down to Mail Boxes Etc and have them pack and ship. Cost would be a bit higher but it would facilitate things. Either that or wait. Need an address to give you a better estimate even if USPS is your choice. You can email me info at: [email protected]

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2009 at 1:44pm by Black Lion »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:06am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Wow. Thats a buety. I have all the unfinished things I can stand. I like to hang them from the cieling, even in the bones. Keeps them from bieing under foot. Have several "bones" hanging.
I am interested in any plans that you may have. Most folks keep that kind of thing..
How much would shipping be for the Guillows thunderbolt? I still have some space overhead.

thymekiller

IP Logged

Oct 27th, 2009 at 2:55pm

Black Lion   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Carpentersville, IL

The freezer has got to go but to get it out of the house required me to rearrange my "warehouse" of kits, parts, building supplies and such. That in itself was a massive endeavor and, during the process, I've come to realize that I have just plain too much stuff.

There are several projects started YEARS (make that decades) ago that are moe than likely going no further from where they are. I don't have a list made up of everything but, off the top of my head, there is a Guillows giant scale P-47 kit that's pretty near complete sans decals (best as I can tell) but the box is really beat up and ragged. I have a Topflight P-47 that I'm completing so see no need for another one in the hangar. There are a few stick fuselages (Guillows, Comet, who knows) from way back when but aren't complete or, for that matter identifiable.

Rather than just toss it all I thought maybe some of you guys might want to take a stab at it/them? I'm not concerned with value so much but would have to be reimbursed for shipping/postage.

So if any of you are interested in looking at this stuff I could start snapping pics and posting it one item at a time. To me it's junk. To you it might be treasure? I have no clue. If any of you are in the Chicago area pickup is also an option.

It won't be a massive amount of things but, trust me, I don't know what all will come up when I start digging.

Here's a pic of that Topflite P-47N I'm completing for UC. It now has an Enya .19 in it (not shown) and is nearer to completion.

plane7.JPG (85 KB | )
plane7.JPG
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print