Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Indoors in Springfield. (Read 20651 times)
Reply #51 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:20am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

It has turned out to be much more interesting and challenging than I expected.
It also makes a nice break from the regular stuff.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #50 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 9:26pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

That is so intriguing.... I've got to try a chopper soon!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I'm quite psyched with that thing!!!

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #49 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:04pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Tried a rubber powered Helicopter today.

IT FLIES!!!  Learned alot, and had great fun today. Used 1 time hook to peg and no stretch winding. Did not max wind. That's something I will improve on next time. Used 1/4 rubber. Need a new batch. I wish I had 3/16. I think the 1/4 is too much and dies to quick.
We played with balance on several tries and at one point we got pretty close. Need to spend more time with balance. I have an idea for a better way to launch {more consistently} so the next time we will get MUCH better flights. Today was kinda like a first date. Just testing the water without pushing my luck. Roll Eyes I was surprised at how robust the blades are. The fake grass helps alot with soft landings, but my planes all need oversize wheels or they wont roll.
The real owner of the Heli was there and he says "Thanks Ray". I now have permission to modify at will. I think I can do MUCH better with the stock setup with some practice. I am thinking the tail rotor needs to pull harder. ?? At one point it was up maybe 15/20 feet and stable for just a moment. Very encouraging!!!    

I was and still am so sleepy my eyes hurt. Tonight is the last night of my week so I will be back after I sleep this off.

Here's the vids. Hope this gives a good overall view of where I'm at on this project. Suggestions are eagerly awaited!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Zz53a0ESA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Zz53a0ESA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6FbfBMyo9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFa211TyPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTuZCrr52rI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-29T7rx3KJ0

IP Logged

Reply #48 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 9:45pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

It is the easiest airplane I have ever built and flies better than most.

I finished the Meadowlark, also from the same folks. Came out to 3.8 grams. Add another .6 grams of rubber and it is so light I am scaird to fly it.
Hoping to have a flight report Tuesday night or so.

IP Logged

Reply #47 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:18am

tbolt   Offline

Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Real nice flight. I've been thinking of buying one of those. The video is pushing me closer

IP Logged

Reply #46 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:14pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thyme...

Totally....I say again....Totally Inspirational.  Love the Play Boy Rubber model. Smiley Smiley Smiley

She sure looks lovely floating around close to the ceiling. Grin Cool

Tom

IP Logged

Reply #45 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 7:19pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUGpVrQZCs

Still getting her trimmed, but starting to get a handle on her. Looking forward to 15 turns or more.

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:33am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Wow! Did not realize how long it's been.

Flew for the second time yesterday. Took the PBR and used 1/16 rubber and removed the landing gear.  Balanced out just fine. On 400 winds, she shot for the rafters and about half way up, leveled off and stayed there for awhile. This it the first plane I have had that ran out of rubber before it touched down.!!!!!  She's beautiful, just slowly floating around.  Next week I will for sure get pics and vid.
The hall was crowed so I didnt get as much air time as I had hoped.
Got ready to vid and dropped my winder. Was able to glue it up again at home, but the vid will have to wait till next week.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:38pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

What a floater...lots of potential there...look forward to more videos of it flying around the building or outside...

Really nice Grin Cool

Tom

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 7:19pm

C.L. Chennault   Offline
Administrator
I love YaBB!
Springfield MO.

Took 4 planes today and flew 3.  Ran out the batteries on the vapor, but did not fly the 4-site.  There was somebodies little girl kicking around a soccer ball and I was worried for her safety. The 4-site is a bit faster and I am not so good with it.

I finally did a test glide on my big T-craft. It floats real well and as soon as the wind allows, I will try powered flight.
I forgot to make an attachment for the wheels, so it would roll till the wheels rolled off.  Grin Then the axles would grab and she nosed over.  Probly just as well, it would have hit the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txa4xcqvLlA&feature=youtu.be

Got the Memory Model flying again.  I just love seeing it in the air. I might build another and try it as a 3 channel.
I have to say, I really like the electric free flight thing. If I can find my other timer, I will try it with the Ercoupe. 

What does THIS button do?.........
IP Logged

Reply #41 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 4:09pm

C.L. Chennault   Offline
Administrator
I love YaBB!
Springfield MO.

Had fun today.  It was kinda weird.  several folks came just to watch.  The soccer folks came in the big space early, despite lovely weather outside.  We all crowed into the kiddie pool and shared space. 

I got the Born Loser to fly, but she still needs some work.  The landing gear came loose. I can fix it this week and try again.  There is something cool about a floating bi-plane.

Couldn't get the Javelin sorted out, no idea why.  Maybe next week.      

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 3:29am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Sorry to hear of the hard luck...

My RC buddies used to say, "There are those who have already crashed and those who will!  Just a part of the hobby."

Not much comfort but know that we've all been there before you.  Hope things work out better next week.

Tom

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 8:14pm

C.L. Chennault   Offline
Administrator
I love YaBB!
Springfield MO.

Saved this post for last.  Hurts me to post it.  Might as well admit that not every day is a good one, here in wonderland.  Today, the Dragon won the fight.

Its dismal and damp here for what seems like the 50th day in a row.  No end in sight.  Has a dramatic effect on my mood.   Angry Angry  Fortunately, I have no customers to deal with, so it all evens out.  Huh

Overslept.   Always a great way to start the day.   Would have been worse but my wife called and woke me up to inform me that the people I pay for the check machine [ that I never use] decided to take out some weird yearly fee and my account  has maybe 4 dollars in it now. 

Lost my TX for my Vapor.  Pretty sure it did not get loaded in the truck
and rode for awhile before it slide off the roof.  Still not sure about that one...

Patched a weak spot on the Memory Model and failed to balance it afterward.  That minor difference and the indoor furnace blower conspired to pretty much TOTAL one of my favorite planes.  Broke my heart to watch her drift around, just out of my reach, for about a minute or so.  My heart sank when I realized what was going to happen. Each loop brought her closer to that damned steel support column.  Twice, it passed close enough to knock off some dust.  I prayed the furnace would die.  My stomach turned, knowing my wish would not come true.   
Full tilt boogie, right on the edge of the corner.  By the time all the pieces hit the floor, there was more parts than before I assembled it in the beginning.  The motor was still running, so that part hit the floor first.

After that, I didn't even try to fly the Albatross or the Monocoupe.

On a better note, Bob got his Flyzone Tri-wing Fokker to fly.  Will vid later.  Was afraid to touch the wifes camera.  Wink

Oh well.  Maybe its a sign that next week will be the best ever !!! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:41pm

C.L. Chennault   Offline
Administrator
I love YaBB!
Springfield MO.

Bobs Javelin up to 45 seconds.  From last week.  Sorry for the delay.  Embarrassed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ykVSAkqRE&list=UUXs3LpqZUfFLUiJq483A_aw&index=1...

New travel box.  Room enough for these two and then a shelf.  

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2011 at 8:37pm by C.L. Chennault »  

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 3:02am

C.L. Chennault   Offline
Administrator
I love YaBB!
Springfield MO.

Charlieman, I know you recognize that.  Couldn't have done it without you. Cool
Of all the planes I have taken there, that one garners the most talk.  Even when its just sitting there.  The older folks remember when planes looked like that. Cant remember if I posted this or not.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thymekiller?feature=mhee#p/u/12/wKUK2LwFP5k
She flies the opposite direction now, a bit more stable,  and will fly as long as the timer will let her.
Will make a new vid.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print