Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lockheed / Parker Aircraft Manufacturing Company P (Read 2292 times)
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:26am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

BillParker wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:21am:
Thank you for the kind words, guys...  Most of the kids that I've turned on to our hobby take to u-control naturally because of their video gaming experience.  Say what you will about those games, but they do teach eye/hand coordination...  My son has NEVER crashed a plane.  Not once.  He does however tend to get bored and start shooting touch and goes, which is really tough on these little 1/2a planes...  The mantra here is "please, flat and level?"

If we can figure it out, I'll try to do some video of the festivities...

bp

Videos would be great Bill...good luck and many happy landings. I completely understand what you mean about eye hand coordination...my fetchermites are wizzes at those things and as you say it translates to other activities as well.  I can't keep up with them!
Tom
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2014 at 8:18pm by Sky9pilot »  

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:21am

BillParker   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Houston, Texas

That reminds me that I need to set up some brandy new control lines.  I have a couple of those really nice Carl Goldberg control handles.  I think that with the .051 these'll fly on about 30 foot of line just fine...

Thank you for the kind words, guys...  Most of the kids that I've turned on to our hobby take to u-control naturally because of their video gaming experience.  Say what you will about those games, but they do teach eye/hand coordination...  My son has NEVER crashed a plane.  Not once.  He does however tend to get bored and start shooting touch and goes, which is really tough on these little 1/2a planes...  The mantra here is "please, flat and level?"

If we can figure it out, I'll try to do some video of the festivities...

bp

William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com [email protected]
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:25pm

bigrip74   Online
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Now that is way too cool, you are now SIR UNCLE BILL. Great way to hook the youth, not enough words to say Bill. Great idea and it gives me an idea.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:37pm

Colonel Manfred von Holstein   Offline
Indianapolis, IN

What a very cool thing to do!  If you can hook just one or two kids you'll pass it on to the next generation.  Maybe you'll find a top gun who can someday fly over of them 10 footers you like to build.

3 rules of Free Flight: Keep it light, don't build heavy, and it shouldn't weigh much.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:03pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

WoW Bill...more like "Wild Bill"...got a great fleet of trainers.  They look like they're set up for .049 or .051 or so motors.  What length lines will they use?  Reminds me of the first UC bird I flew. Great fun.  Plowed a few of those into the ground.  Getting dizzy!  Cut a few fingers starting those motors too.  Before I made a chicken stick!  Great fun ahead for some Jr & Sr Birdmen. 

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Feb 12th, 2014 at 5:45pm

BillParker   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Houston, Texas

Lockheed / Parker Aircraft Manufacturing Company Primary Trainer, PT-1
Wingspan: 24"
Class: Profile U-Control
Building Skill / Flying Skill: Easy / Easy

Build Photos at:

http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap123.htm

We want to make sure that every kid in the neighborhhod who wants to learn to fly, can learn to fly...

So...

bp

William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com [email protected]
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print