Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seattle Museum Of Flight. (Read 1604 times)
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 7:43pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thyme...Great stuff.  Loved the pics thanks for sharing them.  Gotta get up to Seattle and check this museum out for myself. 

Thanks again for sharing.

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:20pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Just cant say enough about this place. It is stunning to say the least. If you only make one museum this year, fly into this one. It is located on the airport property and you can fly straight to it. Seattle itself is breathtaking.
If you sit on the patio and eat you can watch planes of all types come and go. I watched an AWAC follow a Cessna in for a landing. It's amazing to say the least.
I spent all day there and only saw maybe half of the displays. The space section alone is amazing. They have a make and fly for the kids or anyone who dares. The woodwork on the Da Vince and Linganthal models is out standing. They have the only flying Taube that I know of in this country.
There are easily 1000 models on display in addition to the real craft. Maybe 1500. All hand made. All labeled.
One of the outstanding features of this place would be the helpers. If you stare at anything long enough, a real person will walk up and offer to tell you an amazing amount about it.

The gift shop include a vast array of books and such.

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/thymekiller/library/bolingbrook%20museum/Seattle...

http://www.museumofflight.org/

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2014 at 8:31pm by thymekiller »  

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print