Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo
 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  
 
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Irish Jumping Bean (Read 14344 times)
Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:14am

Kittyfritters   Offline
Senior Member
Stick & Tissue
California

Posts: 618
****
 
Here's what it looks like finished.

...

...

I switched to the North Pacific prop because it has a shallower pitch than the EB prop and is easier for a single loop of 1/16" rubber to swing.  A small drag tab was added at the dihedral break on the left wing to insure a tight left turn.  Someone suggested that with the triple tail I should have called it "Bostillation."
 

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged
 
Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:25pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Senior Member
Stick & Tissue
California

Posts: 618
****
 
Bob,

Max wing span for a Bostonian is 16 inches.  This one is just under.

Howard
 

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged
 
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:03pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Posts: 6043
*****
 
KK: that is just too pretty, what is the wing span? I also have no idea what EAYGA stands for!

Bob
 

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged
 
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:19pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Posts: 10914
*****
 
kk...what a great looking Bostonian.  She should be a great flyer.  Best of luck with her!  No idea what EAYGA stands for! 

Tom

 

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged
 
Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:48pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Senior Member
Stick & Tissue
California

Posts: 618
****
 
Here's the other thing that has been on my workbench along with the Arrow and the Beaufighter No-Cal.  It's a Bostonian for a local contest that I call the Irish Jumping Bean.  This is a formal project using full EAYGA standards. (Beaufighter No-Cal to the first forum member who can tell us what that means.)

Here is a shot of the parts on the bench.

...

I stuck it together with a few dabs of "Green Glue"  (Comes apart with a whiff of acetone.) for a "bones shot".

...

Since this is a bit delicate I decided to cover dry and shrink with alcohol instead of covering wet.

...

Here's how it looked before shrinking.

...

I got my pin down setup ready before shrinking the wing covering.  It's a 95 degree day, about 82 in the garage, and I had to be all setup to work fast because the alcohol would start drying almost immediately.

...

Here's the wing wet and drying.

...

Fuselage is dry in this shot and waiting for a misting of Krylon #1305.  That upper longeron should have been stiffer and I had to sister in another piece when I cut out the window holes.

...

I'll try not to forget my camera for video tomorrow.
 

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print