Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
Any Twin Cookup (Read 85104 times)
Reply #4 - May 31st, 2014 at 6:03pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

I need a little help guy's, l have been studying the plans for the Maryland and while I can make out the dimensions for the fuse box (3/32) I am unable to determine if the ribs, leading and trailing edge are 1/16 or 3/32 also the same re: the stab, rudder, fuse formers, and the spars. If you would look at the plan and give me your interpretation it would be most appreciated.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2014 at 3:10pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I'm for keeping this one open ended!  I don't see a time limit at this point because we've all got planes on the building board and I'd really like to finish off the Fury and the Moonbat before starting this twin.  So we'll go from here with the idea that it's open ended.  Finish date to be set later!
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2014 at 1:14pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Well if you are going to stick your neck out I will also: I wish to attempt the Joe Ott plan for the Martin Maryland it just captures my imagination from my youth when I first built an Airfix version in 1/72 scale.

The plan is #41 in the Misc. Military Aircraft under the WWII section.
http://www.stickandtissue.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1394076461/30

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 31st, 2014 at 1:13pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

With the flying season about to jump in on us (Mine has gone back into hibernation), we'll likely need a "longer" time-frame.  I'v got around 5 aircraft to consider for this endevour, but not to sure if I'l actively participate - still have to get my D.VII assembled Sad.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

May 31st, 2014 at 1:04pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I'm going to take a chance and see if we can't get enough participants to have a twin cookup.  We've been talking about it on the Moonbat cookup and we've come close to finishing up the Moonbats.  So we'll be looking at new builds.  Some are such prolific builders that I can't keep up with them! 

I've been hooked by the Dornier Do 335-B8:
The B-8, the final B-series variant, was to be a two seat night fighter for which the M23 was the designated development prototype. The B-6 night fighter was to be based on the A-6 airframe. The B-7 was also to be a night fighter with an enlarged laminar flow wing with 441 square feet of surface area and 2000 hp DB 603 engines for which the M22 would have been the development prototype. The B-8 was to have been a high altitude night fighter which incorporated the Heinkel designed high aspect ratio long span wings with 463 square feet of surface area and powered by the DB 603 LA engines of 2000 hp. It would have carried the standard armament of 1 x MK 103 and 2 x MG 151/20 cannon. There is no evidence that any of these night fighter variants were ever built. Below shows an artist's rendition of how this aircraft might have looked.

My build will be based on the plans by Don Srull which I've modified to the larger wing and second cockpit for the radar operator.

So here's a thread for anyone who might like to join in and build any twin they wish.

335b8art.jpg (21 KB | )
335b8art.jpg

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print