Send Topic Print
Warhawk museum (Read 1711 times)
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:00am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Thanks. Made it by the hair on my chin... Grin
Pretty sure nav has been updated. Cool  Your right about the seats. In order to ride you have to be there at a certain time of the year. It's not like a regular charter flight. I understand there's quite a bit involved in preflight with something like this. 

Maybe someday I can go up in one. Gotta keep dreaming.
There's another in Florida. Now just gotta figure out how to get there........ Cheesy

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 9:08pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Alright Thyme...way to go.  Great pics of the P-40's.  Outstanding aircraft.  I understand they have jump seats behind what would have been the armor plate and radio area.  Now with miniaturization of the electronics they can have a more powerful radio/nav gear for a fraction of the old radios, not counting the weight saved by removal of the armor.

Too bad you couldn't have taken a ride.

Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Aug 20th, 2014 at 8:12pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Warhawk Museum in Nampa Idaho.
Hope you like the pics. Only place in the country with 2 flying Warhawks. Both movie stars. The one in desert colors shot Tom Cruise in top gun. We were granted special permission to see it because it is being prepped for flight. They are having a big gathering in Aug.
Both were used in the movie Pearl Harbor. Both were trainers so they carry 2 people. Yes, you can go for a ride, if you have gas money. Grin
Got as many engine pics as I could, of course.
Enjoy.

The museum also featured a fantastic collection of models including a huge collection of Fiddelers Green models.

http://www.warhawkairmuseum.org/

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/thymekiller/library/warhawk%20mueeum?sort=3&page...

edit;
Both planes were in the movie "Valkyrie" and that's where Cruise got shot, not top gun. I haven't seen Top Gun.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2014 at 8:18pm by thymekiller »  

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print