aubrey   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

thanks for the help!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:17am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

I was a bit puzzled about the notation also.  I agree with Tom tho, to just ignore it.  I am fairly sure it relates to the rotated side view of the fuselage (to fit it to the page).

You might want to TILT the stab - left tip raised about 1/16th of an inch, looking from the rear - for left turn in the glide (if you are right handed - opposite if left handed).  Wing mounted with equal dihedral on each side.

Pete

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:42pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Not having the plans in front of me, I'm not sure just what you're rotating CCW (counter clockwise).  If you have a protractor 20 degrees would be to the left of whatever the reference line that is to be used.  Find that line and line up the protractor using the center vertical line on the protractor with the reference line.  Then count 20 degrees to the left of the vertical line.  I've probably confused you with the written explanation.  I'll try a picture...to help.  The old line..."A picture is worth...."

edit: I've looked up the plan and I'm as puzzled as you must be.  "B-B rotated 20 degrees" If it is speaking of "plan views" (top/plan view, side view, front view) the B-B rotated view must mean looking on from the nose of the fuselage stick with wing level.  I didn't measure the angle of the fuselage on the plan in relation to vertical so it might mean that fuselage brought down to level then viewed from the front.  But I'm at a loss of what to tell you.  If I were building the plane.  I'd ignore that notation completely and build it with the wing level on the fuselage stick and the  horizontal and vertical stabs located as noted on the plan. The taper of the fuselage stick gives the horizontal some negative incidence in relationship to the main wing!

Tom

protractor.JPG (68 KB | )
protractor.JPG

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Nov 22nd, 2014 at 4:50pm

aubrey   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

What does rotated 20 DEG. CCW means in relation to the wing and stab on a plan to build Beamsbox 8" cat glider?
Thanks
Aubrey

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print