Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So, It Ain't A Helicopter! (Read 4228 times)
Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:34pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

hannair wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:55pm:
Hi there kittyfritters, are you aware of Louis Garami's "Garami's Giro" as published in Air Trails of February 1946 and as republished in Air Trails Classic Flying Models Volume 2/ Number 4 - Winter/ 1976? The airticle describes "...the first true model autogyro to fly" and includes details of the construction of a cabin type autogyro together with recommended rigging for succesful flight. I've a copy - can duplicate and provide - via email? Smiley

Thank you for the offer.  One of the O.F.F.C. members gave me a Bill Hannan "Geogyro" that be build some years ago.  I've got a whole collection of plans for autogyros.  There seems to be a common trick to the successful ones.  If my building confirms what I suspect I will let everyone know. Huh

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:55pm

hannair   Offline

Plane Crazy!
Chestermere, Alberta, Canada

Hi there kittyfritters, are you aware of Louis Garami's "Garami's Giro" as published in Air Trails of February 1946 and as republished in Air Trails Classic Flying Models Volume 2/ Number 4 - Winter/ 1976? The airticle describes "...the first true model autogyro to fly" and includes details of the construction of a cabin type autogyro together with recommended rigging for succesful flight. I've a copy - can duplicate and provide - via email? Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:08pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Most intriguing model.  I look forward to seeing this one in the air.  I'm really thinking of adding this one to the "To Do" list!  I like it!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 11:20am

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

WOW!!! The dynamics of the gyrocopter are pretty complex. Will watch with great interest. If anybody can do it, you can.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:08pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

Bob,

Tried to get some in-flights this afternoon but the model had an encounter with a tree.  Have to build a new rotor.

Howard

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 1:35pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Kittyfritters, are there any inflight photos?

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Feb 6th, 2015 at 1:30pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

Maybe it's not exactly a helicopter, but this rotary wing thing is very addictive.  The fuselage is a standard Minnow and the rotor is from a 1930s model book.  This is another learning experience.  Rubber powered autogyros are very difficult to launch.  If this works there is a 1:16 scale autogyro in the future.

Minnow_Gyro.JPG (124 KB | )
Minnow_Gyro.JPG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print