Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tambourinesee Float In (Read 1876 times)
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2015 at 5:34am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

thymekiller wrote on Sep 16th, 2015 at 2:02pm:
Love the float planes. Thanks for sharing.
I really like the green and white one.
Thanks Eric, nice to see a comment or two!  The big green and cream one was the only "built" one present and is a non-scale SPORT model!  I thought it was scale, but the owner stated that it wasn't and was a plan from the German FMT model magazine from some years back.  Two and a half meter wingspan ('bout 100") powered by two outrunners with differential power for water maneuvering (switchable from normal to differential).  Most of the multi motored models present used this method for steering on the water.

If I get to the point where I can make it to some of the other float fly gatherings (they are becoming more prevalent here) I might finally get to build a Navigator or Privateer.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2015 at 2:02pm

thymekiller   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Missouri

Love the float planes. Thanks for sharing.
I really like the green and white one.

",,,The road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 10:55am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks for sharing the shots of the float fly!  Brings back many fond memories!  The green and white one reminds me of a Grumman G-21 Goose.

thanks again for the pics!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Aug 26th, 2015 at 3:32pm

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

Here Is a link to my Photobucket site where I uploaded the photos of a small gathering on 15 Aug.  All but one plane were foamies and all electric.

It was warm, sunny with beautiful clouds, but quite windy.  The wind was actually somewhat beneficial in that it was blowing directly toward "our" shore, making aircraft retrieval a non-issue in the event of a flip-over (happened to one but the pilot simply "flew/swam" the inverted model back with the submerged motor and rudder!).  Yes, electric motors work under water as long as the battery and ESC stay dry.

For the tiny E-Flite Carbon Cub (photo doing the "wing dip"), the conditions proved to be a bit too much - even with A3X gyros.  No damage done.

Videos will also be uploaded to PB when done.

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/staubkorb/library/General%20RC%20stuff/RC%20Flo...
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2015 at 11:40am by staubkorb »  

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print