HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Giro rotor blades (Read 1770 times)
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 9:23am

Brenda   Offline
Comet for life
Mineral Wells Texas

Center it all up. Hammer a nail in dead center for brass brad to go in there. Add some epoxy and now you have a head that will not break off. For the record I had 1 blade snap off about 3 different times. I tried to use alum but it only took a helper one smack to bend the blade. Now with galv steel I think it will hold up much better.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 9:16am

Brenda   Offline
Comet for life
Mineral Wells Texas

Ok so this is my fix. I got a new wood bit that is normally sandwiched between two wooden washers. I found a metal disk that is used in roofing and low and behold it was the exact same dia as the wooden part.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 8:09am

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Brenda, I have to see your method of producing those metal blades. Seems like trouble for a country boy (me).

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:15pm

Brenda   Offline
Comet for life
Mineral Wells Texas

Howdy,

Will I am all moved to Brenda Az now. I had a helper pick up autogiro by a blade and bent it. Well after 60 flights and wrong way to pick it up one bladed folded in flight. So now I need to make a new head that can hold 3 blades at a few deg up angle. I was thinking about steel but that stuff doesn't like to be cut and folded over so much. Back in the day I worked in a machine shop in high school and could do it but I seem to be lacking drop hammers and brake presses here. I then thought about how Cox did it using wires. Anyone have a idea on how to make something out of steel or wire that I don't need a press to build it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print