Houston

Thanks for the detailed response!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:46pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Grey78...many ways to add markings to your model...but we don't want to take over "Simpleflyer's" thread.  I've started your own thread here.  When you start a new project you can start a new thread by clicking on new topic button.  We'll help out as much as we can!

As far as markings go, decals can be used from many sources, old plastic kits, RC kits etc.  Or you can print them on tissue paper (Check out the finishing section), or you can print your own decal paper in your inkjet or laser printer.  You'll need decal paper for the proper printer you're using.  You can paint tissue in the various marking colors you wish and cut out the various shapes and apply with thinned white glue.  Or as you mentioned you can cut out stensils from frisket paper or low tack tape.  Some just print on bond paper and seal that with Krylon Chrystal Clear and cut out and glue on using the thinned white glue. 

Some also use custom marking they order from Calie Graphics.
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Sep 28th, 2015 at 6:31pm

grey78   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Houston

I'm building a T-38 from plans on this thread, for tether flying.  What's the best way to put lettering on it?  Stencils?  Decals?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2015 at 8:02pm by Sky9pilot »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print