Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Pre New age group build idea (Read 56319 times)
Reply #201 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 8:15am

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

Going slow atm..somehow I caught some stomach bug and the flu. I went from feeling fine to sick within 1 hour yesterday morning.  Did get my landing equipment finished..not much else though.

IP Logged

Reply #200 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:58pm

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

Got some work done on the landing gear today..bending basswood this morning while I was grumbling about the 8" of snow we got last night. Is it April or December? Thxs Big. Would prolly have to see your Kleenex in action Apple..lol

IP Logged

Reply #199 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:45pm

applehoney   Offline
Ajax, Ontario

I cover dry, soak flying surfaces panel by panel with a wet Kleenex and pin down on spacers to dry.

Fuselage is just stood on end to dry, of course.

IP Logged

Reply #198 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:32pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Gunny, nice looking bones Smiley

bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #197 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 4:03pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Love the shape of that wing!!! Makes me want to do a glider with wings like that!!
As far as the wet process, get yourself an old hairspray atomizer bottle rinse it out thoroughly and fill it with isopropyl alcohol (some dilute 50/50 with water) I don't because I don't want the water to shrink it that much.  I buy a couple of bottles at the dollar store.  I spread the tissue I've cut for mounting on a towel and spritz it with the alcohol and if necessary respritz it as I apply it on the model.  I've had pretty good success this way.  I've even re-spritzed and repositioned the tissue if I didn't like the way it looks.  The alcohol does soften the glue stick a bit and I've had to apply a bit more gluestick on the reposition.
The only domestic tissue I've been able to apply wet is Easy Built or Hallmark!
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #196 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 3:22pm

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

Forgot to rig up the rudders for the shot..also had to leave off landing gear due to it being part of the motif. Decided to use the kit wheels also as part of the landing ( fill in blank). I have never built this kind of gear before so its a "on the fly build" . Each kit wheel took me about 1 hour each just to make em servicable, waiting on a delivery now of rubber and aluminum tubing. Still havent ordered a prop yet from Volare..maybe tonite. Shocked
Big...would it be easier to cover it wet? Bones look very good on it. I cant do wet tissue..just makes for a mess when I have tried it.

IP Logged

Reply #195 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:43pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Sky9pilot wrote on Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:24pm:
bones look good...interesting spar arrangement on those wing panels.
Sky9pilot

this after I removed the domestic yellow tissue Angrythat did not allow me to go over the compound curves of the fuse. The spar arrangement is to keep the wing rigid with the wood Tongue used for the ribs. We will see if it all works out or if i go onto another build. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #194 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 12:24pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

bones look good...interesting spar arrangement on those wing panels.
Sky9pilot

IP Logged

Reply #193 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 11:25am

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Here are some not so final bones pics.

FB021.jpg (162 KB | )
FB021.jpg
FB022.jpg (173 KB | )
FB022.jpg

IP Logged

Reply #192 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:59am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I'm still looking for that final bones pic....????

IP Logged

Reply #191 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 7:51am

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

I installed some windows last night..unfortunately I am almost done with pics until its covered..I cant give away my cover motif..lol!! I put up a final bones shot today and thats it until covered.
Update--- I should have thought out the windows better to install, the framework is at odd angles. Gunna have to go to a  2nd plan on these.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:58am by NcGunny »  
IP Logged

Reply #190 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 9:05am

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

I found my box Esaki last night. Also the kit wheels are unusable at this time due to having been twisted off the sprue trees by whomever. I would say they did it while the wheels and trees were still warm, the wheels are warped out of shape and I cant even sand them due to locating pins inside and big holes where the runners attached to the half shells. Looks like I am going to whittle some out.

IP Logged

Reply #189 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 7:46am

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Well! I took the domestic tissue off my Battle and ordered some more Esaki to cover the airplane. So now just wait and move on to another build.

Bob

IP Logged

Reply #188 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:20am

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

The tail on the Wakefield is supposed to have a 1/16x 1/8 strip cemented on it after covering. From the looks of the plan this is supposed to raise it enough to be even with the back of the fuse..didnt like the looks of it. Instead I cemented the strips to the framework with a notch for the tail spar to set down into as a index and it can be moved a little bit for alignment. Made some basswood reinforcements for the motor peg. Now I just have to drill for the tail holdown pegs. Been slow going due to going to AC Moore last night to use up gift certificates from them...thats another post itself.

IP Logged

Reply #187 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:03pm

NcGunny   Offline
GO PANTHERS!
NY

I bought a bunch of Hallmark tissue after Xmas that was on clearance. It actually works real good, way better than some of my Dollar Store,DG endeavors. I have a big box of Esaki I bought from a hobby shop that was closing, I know she moved it..not sure where...BTW..I once caught her wrapping some present with my Esaki (almost lost my mind)!!!
Update: Finished the wing today and a little sheeting. Bones are coming in at 1.89 oz. Just had a idea and weighed the kit plastic wheels and they both weigh .5 oz for both.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2016 at 6:55pm by NcGunny »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print