Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
International Indoor Fly-In (IIFI) (Read 1154 times)
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 10:17am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

The topic has been opened for public viewing.

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Nov 18th, 2016 at 10:46am

staubkorb   Offline
Stick & Tissue
Germany

If anyone is interested, the IFFI 2016 has come and gone, and was a wonderful experience!  A 'unofficial" contest, more as a testing stage for upcoming major contests (Euro and WC in the endurance classes as rubber scale seemingly is not really recognized), in a semi-serious, but relaxed (?) atmosphere going thru two days of flying.

This year, there were 53 flyers from 10 countries flying in five scale events plus 4 endurance events.  Due to the large number of participants and registered models, there is talk of adding another day to the schedule for the next IIFI.

This was my first participation in this type of event and the models I entered - Gourdou-Lessreurre in Kit Scale, Rivets and Mew Gull in Peanut Scale - surpassed my wildest expectations by actually flying (The Gourdou has previously done some outdoor flights - about 5 years ago Roll Eyes) and placing in the upper two-thirds of the field, with my best flights being the Gourdou-L in Kit Scale.  My static scores were the real surprise in Peanut, as there is NO paint on the models!

Photos are starting to show up on Small Flying Arts and vid clips will soon appear (you'll have to log-in/join to view the thread).

WWWoFF
Wonderful Wacky World of Free Flight
(with a bit of rc thrown in for giggles)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print