Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Guillows SE5A tether flyer build (Read 4601 times)
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:24am

DAVE Q   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
FLEETWOOD PA

My main question here is, does anyone think these decals are saveable? Any tips to uncurl, clean, and soften these decals?

A trip back to 1970

These are items found in the box. I have no clue what the IROHA RAZOR looked like. Looks like the Exacto knife was marked down from 70 cents to 62 cents. Remember the old Ambroid glue tubes that had the spreader on the cap. Have no clue where the prop and pink spinner came from. The small decals are from my HO train layout switches. And I guess every 8 year old needs a bent C clamp to build his airplane.

And I forgot to ask in the original post. When this airplane is done. Do I get to say, this airplane is 46 years old?

100_0289.jpg (138 KB | )
100_0289.jpg
IP Logged

Dec 5th, 2016 at 8:09am

DAVE Q   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
FLEETWOOD PA

Posted in (show us your oldest stick and tissue airplane)   

Well, I don't see in the (rule), that it needed to be finished or flyable? Found this in the attic, looking for Christmas stuff. So here you go, beat this one. My Grandfather took me into a hobby shop one day, and said I could have an airplane. This is the first airplane build I ever did. This is the one that started it all. I imagine plastic Cox control line kicked in shortly around here. My Grandfather died when I was 8. God Bless his soul. So, born in 1962, plus 8, equals built in 1970. This airplane is 46 years old. You can't see it in the picture, but I built right off the paper plan. And used Ambroid glue. The fuselage is actually in great shape. And I must have had much more limber hands, and better eyes, because the work is not that bad at all. And there is zero pin holes in the paper plan? Did I have that much patience back then to actually hold the parts in place? WOW. I should finish this airplane, and make a teather flyer out of it, so it will last, and I could enjoy it. And I should put decals on each side of it, and call it, PAPPY. Pap would be proud.

After posting what I did, I just couldn't put it back in the attic. Going to make a tether flyer out of her. I must have been 8 years old, or out of my mind to get a biplane.

100_0288.jpg (307 KB | )
100_0288.jpg
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print