Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WINDSOR MODEL CLUB @ HISTORIC HANGAR, WINDSOR, ON (Read 545 times)
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:30am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Thanks for sharing this info...Lots of us Free Flight modelers have a background in plastic modeling.  I'm sure you may find that some of the techniques and skills are interchangeable. If you're looking for some research material, be sure to check out the International Plastic Modelers Society (IPMS) as their research articles are fantastic.
Thanks again for sharing the meeting times and info.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:09am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Rick - Thanks for giving our little group some attention, I know we talked about being surrounded by plastic guys but they have great respect for us and we for them, I get little gems of wisdom from them and, hopefully they get a bit of wisdom from us, but wow do they model in incredibly small scale and unbelievable detail. We do have one of the most unique opportunities to be meeting in one of the most relevant historical environments ever, surrounded by a real Lancaster bomber and an equally stunning Mosquito bomber sitting right there for us to be able to walk around, touch and see up close and personal, not to mention two North American AT6 Texans in their original colors but with Canadian markings, a rare sight. Not many people get that opportunity in a lifetime and we get to do that every month, not to mention belonging to an association dedicated to all things historical in Canadian aircraft.
New Builder
Mike

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. (Salvador Dali 1904 - 1989)
IP Logged

Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:41pm

LASTWOODSMAN   Offline
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND
ENGINES AND TWO WINGS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

WINDSOR MODEL CLUB @  HISTORIC HANGAR, WINDSOR, ONTARIO

Our new Model Club at the Historic Hangar in Windsor, Ontario had its 3rd meeting Jan 2  2018 ( we meet the first Tuesday of every month ).   There is about 12 plastic modellers and two balsa modellers - me and New Builder Mike.  On the "
show and tell
",  I demonstrated how to remove the prop and nose block off my Fokker EIII Eindecker,  remove the rubber motor from the prop hook,  stretch wind the rubber motor  with a  15:1  winder and a winding stooge,  hook the rubber motor back up,  put the prop block back on,   remove the plane from the stooge,  and let the prop spin and run out the rubber motor.
      But for all of you guys who like to make nice
Dioramas
for your static display models, the
"show and tell"
was stolen by Rob Sekersky and his
"TREE FARM"
.  He makes great dioramas using natural plants, twigs, and many other materials.  He sprays them, seals them, and even paints them.  He and Don Christopher made the super realistic
"OPERATION MANNA"
diorama with
two Plastic Scale Lancasters
(they are restoring a Lancaster bomber in the Hangar) - see the pics below - which is just so beautifully enhanced by the trees and shrubs and bushes and greenery, that Rob collects in the wild, along with his other materials. 
LWM
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print