Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rigging my first biplane- looking for tips (Read 454 times)
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 11:43am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Spliffsecond is showing one way to do rigging.  You can view his work currently in the "Current Builds" board: Click Here

This is just one way for rigging biplanes.  Many modelers don't go to the extent of Spliffsecond for the various fittings etc.  Often a  scrap balsa block is placed in the framework to hold the thread or fishing line that is used for the flying wires.  Sometimes the line/thread is passed through the complete wing or structure to pass on to the next anchor point.
There's a great cookup on HPA for WWI aircraft that you might glean some good rigging points.  Here's a link:Click Here

I'm always interested in referral rather than reinventing the wheel...
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Mar 23rd, 2018 at 11:17am

Balsa Bandit   Offline

My next project will be the Vintage Model Company's 18" wingspan Tiger Moth. I'd like to add the rigging wires to this model but the instructions are pretty uninformative on how to do this. What should I use for materials? How to anchor the rigging into the structure of the wings and struts? I'm looking for a relatively simple solution that will be visually effective, but not necessarily scale.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print