Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Glue Stick Question (Read 535 times)
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 6:37pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I think they may have changed the formula.  My old glue sticks used to dissolve in rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) but these new sticks I've purchased don't seem to be phased by alcohol at all.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:35pm

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

AK - I tried this also with the same results, it never did completely dissolve. Have also tried water with lesser results so it appears they have homogenized the material and it will never return to its original state. I now use very dilute white glue and a small brush for the task as does Neal and a few others.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright
IP Logged

Jun 23rd, 2018 at 11:59am

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

Has anyone tried dissolving a glue stick in alcohol? I was looking for a way to apply the sticky when the area was too small for the glue stick.

I put a chunk of the glue stick (Elmers) in a bottle with some alcohol. The glue hasn't dissolved completely but it has made a slurry type of thick goop. I applied this with a very small brush to tack down decal and tissue edges, and it seems to work pretty well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print