Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
XP-47H Incidence Problems (Read 695 times)
Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 6:57pm

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

Thanks for that info, it's pretty close to what is in the model. I also made the horiz stab slightly adjustable.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2018 at 3:55pm

rfe3   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Germany

Alf, I believe for Low Wing models the ROT is 1 1/2° to 2° positive incidence in the Wing and -1° to + 1 1/2° on the Stab. There should be no more than 3° difference between the two. I usually design in about 2 to 2 1/2° in the Wing and leave my Stab. at 0°. I open the Stab. slot at the rear to allow for 4° travel (+2 to -2).

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 2:19pm

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

Thanks, Tom! I'll build it as it is shown!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:57am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Pres' designs are pretty well thought out and I'd go with his design and settings.  Depending on your final construction, you'll still have flying trimming that will need to be done.  But I think he's thought this out ahead of time.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:56am

New Builder   Offline
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

Alf - Wish I could help, I'm waiting for the answer too.
Mike

"Skill comes by the constant repetition of familiar feats rather than by a few overbold attempts for which the performer is yet poorly prepared." Wilbur Wright
IP Logged

Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:02am

alfakilo   Offline
Global Moderator
Retired USAF and TWA.
St Louis, MO

I'm far enough along in the build where installing the wing and horizontal stabilizer is an issue. My problem is that the plan directions do not mention a wing or stab setting but the plan drawing seems to show a definite difference between the fuselage datum line (longitudinal axis) and the wing/stab positions.

Attached are pics of the plan showing the blue datum line relative to the red wing/stab incidence angles.

So, is this an accurate drawing? It would seem that the wing is set to about a 3 degree positive angle whereas the stab seems to show the leading edge slightly down.

That seems to be a common arrangement so what are your thoughts? Should I build it as shown or go with a "zero/zero" set up?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print