Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Texas (Read 263 times)
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 10:02pm

MKelly   Offline
Helotes, TX

Welcome!  What part of Texas are you in?  We have a small group here in San Antonio that get together a couple times a month to fly stick and tissue free flight - anyone is welcome to join in.  You'll enjoy the forum here, lots of dedicated builders and many interesting builds.

Mike

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2018 at 11:52am

pb_guy   Offline
So I'm just a kid at heart.
Youbou, BC, Vancouver Island

Welcome Andy. By motorized, I assume you mean electric, either Radio Control (R/C) or Free Flight (FF). Yes, the Guillows planes do have a weight problem that limits their flying performance. Kits have the advantage of providing everything that you need for the model, but they also tend to be a bit overbuilt. If you build from plans, you can find just about anything that you want and, because you select your own wood, they can be lighter than a kit-built plane. Other than the plan pages on this site, you can also find lots of plans on Outerzone: https://outerzone.co.uk/index.asp
  Ask questions, but if you get responses from three people, expect 4 different answers because there are many ways to skin an airplane. And when you are building something, post your build and receive helpful comments along the way.
Happy building and flying,
ian

IP Logged

Nov 24th, 2018 at 9:34am

Andy4814   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I enjoy building balsa wood planes but have limited experience. I have built. A few guillows planes & am trying to build my skills to hopefully build a successful motor driven plane. I would like to get familiar with wing jigs & different covering types.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print