Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Focke Wulf 190 paint colors? (Read 204 times)
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 12:44am

Barspin720   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Mary Esther, FL

wow! thanks a TON! exactly what ive been looking for! the color i am after must be RLM 79 Sandgelb!

strangely enough, the African theater seems to be just that Sandgelb color, no brown camo stripes. wonder where they got the idea for the box art

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 11:46pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

German aircraft had three or four basic colors depending on the theater of operations.  European early colors were:
RLM 70 SWARTZGRUN (DARK GREEN)
RLM 71 DUNKELGRUN  (DARK GREEN/GREY)
RLM 65 HELLBLAU  (LIGHT BLUE)

Check out this link to see the colors for the various times and options for the various theaters of operation: Click Here

You'll find there are differing opinions on the colors all over the internet and due to many different situations, supplies and weather had a big effect on the colors used by all parties in the war. 
Here's another link: Click Here

I just looked up the box art and it looks like a North African scheme or a Russian area scheme.  Wings Palette has some profiles you might find interesting: Click Here
Sky9pilot

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Dec 9th, 2018 at 11:13pm

Barspin720   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Mary Esther, FL

hello! im building my first (technically 2nd, but my first one was about 20 years ago when i was 10) S&T kit and ive got it all done, but im ready for paint. I want to paint it with my airbrush and keep to the scheme on the guillows box art, but after doing some research, i cannot find this paint scheme anywhere! Its the 500 series Guillows Focke Wulf 190 (i cant post links or pictures yet as this is my first post....) i ordered Tamiya Acrylic Brown for the dark camo part, and Tamiya Khaki for the lighter part but it is totally the wrong color! can anyone help me identify the colors on this plane?!?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print