Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi-Flier 30 inch Rearwin Speedster (Read 237 times)
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 10:36am

Down hill   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Janesville, WI

It is a few days later and I have a snap of the Hi-Flier 30" REARWIN SPEEDSTER plan somewhere from times past. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this or any other larger Hi-Flier designs from the 30's-40's era? We need to start working on organizing the really old ones.

Down hill

IP Logged

Apr 2nd, 2019 at 7:19am

Down hill   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Janesville, WI

A couple of years ago, I purchased an envelope full of old model airplane plans at a flea market. They included a couple from Hi-Flier, probably better known for their kites. As kids, we bought and promptly destroyed many of their paper box kites each spring.
     A few months ago, I found a video on Youtube of a gentleman flyings a LARGE rubber-powered Rearwin Speedster. What a sight to see. It got me to digging for those old plans in the envelope. And there it was, a plan to a 30 inch WS Rearwin Speedster. Suddenly, this plan triggered a desire to find out more about Hi-Flier kits. I found a 16 inch version on the AMA Plans site, and many, many more there but no mention of the 30 inch version. So now I am going to give this forum a try and see if anyone, anywhere has a kit tucked away. While I probably don't need much more than the plan to actually build one, it would be fun to find the original print wood in a box from Hi-Flier.

Down hill

IMG_1088.JPG (135 KB | 17 )
IMG_1088.JPG
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print