Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Renaissance of stick & tissue building (Read 123 times)
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2019 at 11:04am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

There's just something therapeutic about stick and tissue building that others are rediscovering.  Not sure if it's the fond feelings of the remembrances of times past that it brings to mind or the just the feelings of accomplishment of getting a set of bones, like those Alfakilo just posted in the "Forgotten Projects" section: Reply #13 Click Here.

Thanks Gary for reminding those fellow modelers of the joy of S&T Free Flight (Always Capitalized) modeling.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 12th, 2019 at 9:30pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

It does seem that many modelers of other genres are at least revisiting the stick and tissue build to take a break and have an easy time out at times.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

May 12th, 2019 at 3:59pm

Skyediamonds   Offline
Global Moderator
Enjoying life and all
aspects of modeling
Reno, Nevada

Guys,

I've been cruising and proselyting about our Stick & Tissue site at several other modeling venues and I finally think I've hit the hammer on the nail.   On the RCSB forum (RCScaleBuildier.com) where most of the modelers have large-to-giant scale models replicating the full sized aircraft in incredible detail with synchronizing retracting landing gear, programmable transmitters and receivers with digital servos and more, they finally admitted to longing for the "Golden Era" of stick and tissue modeling. 

Several of them have posted pictures of their models constructed in the style of  stick & tissue / rubber power, including the vendors.    I found that many of them were glad to hear of our website and have been quietly visiting for the past week.  One said he couldn't stop trolling over all of the subjects and builds. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print