Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vintage, me too (Read 68 times)
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2019 at 3:18pm

Huey v77   Offline
I hate P51's, live east
of Cleveland Ohio.
Orwell, Ohio

Had to be 1965, I was 15 then. I remember waiting 2 weeks till it showed up in the mail. I'll have to pick a special peanut for the wheels.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2019 at 2:31pm

Kerak   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Roy, Utah

That's really GREAT! Mark!!! Cheesy Grin Grin  Your brother has set you up for another build...Tom's absolutely correct...looks like a perfect starting point for a vintage peanut...or even a dimer.  Smiley

It reminds me of that commercial on the tube where a well-dressed woman walks into the architect's office and sets a classy-looking facet down, "Build me a mansion around this."  Cool Roll Eyes

Neal

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2019 at 12:59pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I'm sure they brought back great memories! Nice find also...so what WWI bird will you build to fit them??? Smiley

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

May 22nd, 2019 at 11:50am

Huey v77   Offline
I hate P51's, live east
of Cleveland Ohio.
Orwell, Ohio

In the process of rearranging the garage to make room for T51, I found these two items. My brother passed away 5 years ago this past April. Before he did he wanted me to have all his models. We both built models when we were kids. He was into plastic and I was mostly into S&T. While going thru his stuff I found these wheels. He saved them! I remember mail ordering them from Pek-Poymer (sp) for I think $1. The second item, well you know. Damn time flys! Smiley

image_459.jpeg (321 KB | 4 )
image_459.jpeg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print