Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Stick and Tissue Logo

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I adjust thrust? (Read 299 times)
Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:43am

Rerun   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Thanks Bob.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:10pm

bigrip74   Offline
Administrator
What did l do this time!
Austin, Texas

Rerun, be sure to take a video or some photos to post here.

Bob

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:56pm

Rerun   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Tom

Thank you for the quick reply to my questions. As soon as weather permits, I'll try the shims you mentioned on several of my models. I will be sure to check the CG first.

Rerun

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 10:19am

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Ususally it's by putting thin shims between the noseblock and the fuselage. These shims can be various things like 1/64" & 1/32" pieces of plywood that won't compress thereby changing the angle over time.  But often at the field, it's whatever is handy and works for the moment.  Usually the ROT (Rule of Thumb)is 2-3 degrees of down thrust and the same in right thrust.  Ball Park area adjustment to start with. 

Just make sure you don't have any warps in the flying surfaces of the wing and stab areas.
Not having seen what your model is doing this leaves things wide open as to the real solution. 

It won't climb...is the model too nose heavy???  Check your balance on CG as well.  Have you added any weight to the nose of the aircraft to begin with?  Maybe too much weight.  Like I say, without seeing the flight profile it's hard to make suggestions.
Tom

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:47pm

Rerun   Offline

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I'm flying models but having trouble getting them to climb. I think one of the problems is with thrust.  I realize that thrust is affected by the angle of the prop to the main axis of the fuselage.

How do I adjust the thrust of the model?

Do I adjust thrust on the nose button or the nose block or both? And how do I do that?

Thanks,
Rerun

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print