Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone In Antigua? (Read 191 times)
Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 3:32pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

I think that's the Airbus model my wife and I road back from Charleston, SC.  Never again we both had bruises on our knees from the cramped seating room and the non reclining seats.  It was the cheapest airliner we have ever flown on.  Never again, Lord willing!  Glad they got the engine system problems worked out.  Hate those delays.  We missed a connecting flight on the way to SC due to weather.  Had to spend the night!!!  Glad you're home.

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 10:41pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

Sky9pilot wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:34pm:
Welcome home KF....glad you had a safe trip. Smiley

Well, mostly...

Our flights from LA to Miami were on Airbus 321S while the flights to and from Miami and Antigua were on Boeing 737s.  At least the 737 is tolerable in coach.  The Airbus, in coach, is the most singularly uncomfortable airliner I have ridden in with the solitary exception of the Ford Trimotor!  My wife and I are too old to fly coach. The next time we fly somewhere we'll just have to part with a few more shekels and fly first class.

Then there was the return flight from Miami.  The aircraft was pushed back from the gate and the engines started.  The number two engine sounded strange and was shut off immediately.  The captain came on the announcement system and said,  "We got a warning when we started the number two engine.  Basically, the check engine light came on.  We are going back to the gate so the mechanics can look at it."

Three hours later, and after the catering truck had to deliver more water to replace the water used keeping the passengers hydrated for two and a half hours, we finally got in the air.

And that was after spending two hours and twenty-five minutes of a three hour layover getting through the new, "automated" passport control at the Miami airport, but that is a whole other story.

KF

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:34pm

Sky9pilot   Offline
Administrator
Stick & Tissue
Kelso, WA 98626 USA

Welcome home KF....glad you had a safe trip. Smiley

If God is your Co-pilot...switch seats...
Your attitude will determine your altitude!- John Maxwell
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. Jn 8:32
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 5:21pm

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

Well, seems very quiet on the modeling front in Antigua.  I got no replies and I'm back in California.  I can see, with the almost constant wind there that free flight might not be popular.  (No wonder it was the favorite English base in the Caribbean during the age of sail.)

Keep 'Em Flying!

KF

IP Logged

Jun 28th, 2019 at 11:17am

Kittyfritters   Offline
Stick & Tissue
California

Is anyone on this forum in Antigua?  I'm in Saint Phillips for the next week and I would like to see what you are flying in the islands.  (Or, how you fly with all this wind!)🤔

KF

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print